Re: [softrock40] Re: Softrock 40/80 debug

  • Michael Karliner
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
      Thanks for the advice Philip,

      after some hours, I can fairly surely say that checked continuity
      everywhere to be OK. What I now have is strong signals, at least
      on 40 Meters, including plenty of PSK activity, but no signal on the
      'tip' output, so the band is completely folded over.

      Having got hold of a scope, I can see the I and Q clock signals.
      So, my thought is either I have a dead op amp or I've done something
      stupid to T1. I'm not quite clear enough about the design to be
      able to guess. Any illumination would be very welcome.

      Mike

      --
      Care about the iTunes charts? Try iTracker
      <http://www.modern-industry.com/itracker> , the iTunes history tracker.
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
        Correction T4, (looking at RX schematic...).

        Mike

        --
        Care about the iTunes charts? Try iTracker
        <http://www.modern-industry.com/itracker> , the iTunes history tracker.
      • Tony Parks
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
          Hi Michael,

          Please check the DC voltage level at pin 7 of U8.  This DC voltage should be around 2.5 volts.  Also check right at the pin 15 lead of U7 to make sure it is at less than 0.5 volts.  Post what you see and I will make additional suggestions.

          73,
          Tony KB9YIG

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
            Yep, all of those things are true.

            I have about 50mv on pins 15 and 1 of U7.

            Mike

            Mike