Kit for IF 8,83

  • overland05
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2007
      Hello,
      I'm thinking to bought a 40 meter kit and connect it to my KNW TS 850
      IF output.
      Then I'd need in additional the appropriate crystal to obtain the 8,83
      MHz of the IF output.

      Is it really possible with available kit?
      So, is the crystal available?
      And what's the price?

      Thank you in adv for your answer

      73 de Gabriele IZ5FFI

      My e-mail for reply IZ5FFI@...
    • kc2pih
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2007
        It is possible. A few people here have done it. I just ordered the kit
        myself. You want a "8.817 MHz SoftRock Lite kit" (12$US). As Tony
        says, with a 48Khz wide sampling rate, you will be able to cover the
        ~8.83 IF frequency.

        Also, check the "Files" section of the group, there a few docs on
        doing it for the Yaesu IF freq. And you will find a few other posts
        here if you search for "8.83" in this forum.

        -Scott, WU2X