USB sound card

  • Joe Munson
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1 8:35 PM
      Just got the softrock kits from Tony, and am in the process of puting one together.   I would like to be able to use it with my Laptop, a Toshiba Satellite.  It only has a mic in and earphone out.  1st queston is will an external USB connected sound card work.   Next queston is what USB external sound cards would work with the SoftRock equipment?

      Thanks for any information in offered.

      Joe Munson
      WA4VAG

    • at91r40008
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3 2:32 PM
        Joe,

        I am using the softrock with my Compaq laptop using the mike input
        without any problem. It is not the best but it works.
        On my desktop I had some problem with Rocky which disappeared after
        downloading the latest AC97 driver.
        I also bought a USB sound module from Turtle Beach Audio Advantage
        Amigo ( I couldn't find the sounblaster one). It works fine (-110dBm
        noise level) and is low cost ($29.95 if I remember correctly).
        I can use both the internal and the USB.

        73

        Yvon KE7HTQ (ex ON5KQ).

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Munson" <prc74b@...> wrote:

        > Just got the softrock kits from Tony, and am in the process of
        puting one together. I would like to be able to use it with my
        Laptop, a Toshiba Satellite. It only has a mic in and earphone out.
        1st queston is will an external USB connected sound card work. Next
        queston is what USB external sound cards would work with the SoftRock
        equipment?

        > Thanks for any information in offered.
        >
        > Joe Munson
        > WA4VAG

      • Joe Munson
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 5 5:51 PM
          Hi Yvone,

          Thanks much for the info.  Do you happen to know or have bookmarked the site for the AC 97 upgrade?  I have a search set up on EPAY for the Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Amigo USB sound module.  Using the AC 97 were you able to set it for 96 HZ sampling rate, and if so, how did you do this.

          Thanks Yvone,

          Joe Munson
          WA4VAG