RXTX 6.1 report

  • cesco12342000
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2007
      my experience with the rxtx 6.1

      The nice software to work the rxtx is kgk-sdr. I think it's the only
      soft able to rx and tx. I have tried powersdr, but that is not usable for
      the rxtx softrock (only RX).

      The rxtx does work fine in ssb voice mode, but on the crowded 80m and 40m
      bands 1.3W pep power is not enough.

      Where the softrock really shines is in psk31 ! I had no idea psk31 with
      1W could be such fun. Lots of solid contacts over all the continent. Try
      kgk-sdr, winpsk and loop.dll, it really works nicely.

      I have also tried digital-sstv. The rx is really good, i get 3db higher
      SNR's on the softrock than on the ft1000. But here too 1W is definitely
      not enough for TX.

      The softrock has been a 100% positive experience !