Substitute crystal in 40m/80m RXTXv6.1 kit

  • kb9yig
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2007
      Good Afternoon All,

      Several weeks ago I ran out of 28.06 MHz HC49 case crystals for the
      RXTXv6.1 40m/80m kit. The substitute crystal that has been included in
      the kit is a 28.00 MHz SMT type crystal. The SMT crystal may be
      mounted to the circuit board by soldering fine leads to pads at each
      end of the crystal. Each pair of pads at one end of the crystal are
      internally connected to each other so either pad will provide one
      connection to the crystal.

      The 28.06 MHz crystals are on order and recently I was told by the
      supplier that it would be two or three more weeks before the crystals
      will be delivered. When I have a new supply of the 28.06 MHz crystals,
      I will send crystals to each 40m/80m kit buyer at no charge.

      Thanks and 73,
      Tony KB9YIG