DDS60 and RXTXv6.1

  • f4arj
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2007
      Hello,
      someone tried to use the RXTX6.1 with the dds60 ?
      and how to connect them ?
      73,
      F4ARJ Fred.
    • ltj_designs
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 28, 2007
        Remove all jumpers from JP1. Connect the output of the DDS60 through
        some thin coax (RG174) to JP1. Connect the shield of the coax to pin
        4 (ground). Connect the center conductor to a 47 ohm 1/8 W resistor
        with the other side of the resistor to ground. Use a 0.1uf cap to
        couple the center conductor to pin 2 of JP1 (the pin 3 clock input of
        U5). Last, connect two 100K 1/8 w resistors to pin 2 of JP1: one
        resistor goes to +5v and the other goes to ground.

        +5v

        100K

        DDS60--------- 0.1uf ----|---(JP1-2)--- U5,pin3
        | |
        47ohms 100K
        | |
        ____________|____________|___(JP1-4)___ gnd

        Adjust the DDS60 output level about half way between full output and
        the amount of drive necessary to just reliably get the receiver
        section of the TXRX to work.

        I am driving my DDS60 with a HC908 daughter board. I use a recently
        updated version of the HC908VFO program (V2B). Works well, but would
        like to see that program have a few more bells and whistles.

        Andy WA3LTJ

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "f4arj" <f4arj@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        > someone tried to use the RXTX6.1 with the dds60 ?
        > and how to connect them ?
        > 73,
        > F4ARJ Fred.

      • ltj_designs
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2007

          The drawing did not come out the way I had expected. View the drawing in a fixed point font (Courier).

                                   +5v

                                   100K

           DDS60--------- 0.1uf ----|---(JP1-2)--- U5,pin3
                      47ohms       100K