OT, 100 mosfet watt amp?

  • Art
    Message 1 of 58 , Feb 18 9:11 PM
      I'm looking for a 100 watt mosfet amp schematic, something that can
      be linear and pit together cheaply. I think it was memtioned on this
      list, but I can't find the message in the archive-or maybe it was on
      another list completely.

      Can anyone point me in the right direction? Note that I AM NOT
      looking for the 100 watt backpacker amp-which uses very expensive
      motorola bipolar trasnsistors.

      Thanks,

      Art
    • FRANCIS CARCIA
      Message 58 of 58 , Feb 25 1:22 PM
        Very Good. I knew one of you guys would make the 510 work. Just make sure you have enough heat sink to keep them cool. I forgot CCI had all the old notes. Down load them all as they are great references. I've built a few of their kits and found they work well down to 3 mhz. Below that the transformer cores are not quite enough reactance. effeciency suffers a bit. I have never tried RF feedback with power supply fets but might be worth doing for SSB amplification to improve distortion.  Frank WA1GFZ

        cesco12342000 <cesco1@...> wrote:
        > http://www.communic ation-concepts. com/application_ notes.htm

        THANKS !

        I got my 2*irf510 PA working, 25W at 15.0V,
        1.3 W input from softrock.

        I have seen some nice things in the
        application notes, especially the output
        to imput coupling. I dont have that and
        need two 25ohm resistors on the gates to
        get a decent linearity.
        Seems these irf510 need a lot of gate
        current when switching to ON state.

        The PA has two separate low-passes for
        80m and 40m. TX/RX switching with relays.

        Would be nice to have a "tony design" PA
        kit for the softrock ....