Re: [softrock40] Rocky 1.2 released, with SSB mode

  • Michael Blake
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 2, 2005
      Alex,

      Rocky 1.2 is VERY nice.  The SSB implementation is quite helpful as there is a lot of SSB DX on in the evenings.

      Thanks for the nice software.

      73 - Mike - K9JRI

      "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@...> wrote:
      SSB is now supported, with a twin-PBT filter. Another new function is
      continous wav playback.

      Download: http://www.dxatlas.com/Rocky/RockySetup.zip

      73 Alex VE3NEA

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/b9A1lB/TM

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Alex, VE3NEA
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 2, 2005
        Hi Joe,

        Good to know that Rocky works on WinME. There are two confirmed cases now,
        perhaps I should change the statement re. ME on my web page.

        It is an industry standard to give the same file name to different versions
        of the executable so that installation of a new version replaces the old
        one. If you want to keep the previous version, install the new one in a new
        directory, or just rename the old exe.

        AM mode is in my plans, but it is not a top priority since it is rarely used
        by hams on HF.

        73 Alex VE3NEA

        > Hi, Alex
        >
        > It works fine with my WinMe***
        >
        > Would it be possible for you to rename the new versions
        > so we could keeep them and go back to previous if something
        > fails or for comparisons?
        >
        > Would it be very difficult to add AM mode?
        >
        > Many thanks for all your nice works and support.
        >
        > 73
        >
        > de Joe - CT1AXG

      • Leon Heller
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 2, 2005
          > Good to know that Rocky works on WinME. There are two confirmed cases now,
          > perhaps I should change the statement re. ME on my web page.
          >
          > It is an industry standard to give the same file name to different
          > versions
          > of the executable so that installation of a new version replaces the old
          > one. If you want to keep the previous version, install the new one in a
          > new
          > directory, or just rename the old exe.
          >
          > AM mode is in my plans, but it is not a top priority since it is rarely
          > used
          > by hams on HF.

          More MF than HF, but AM is still used on 160 m in the UK.

          Leon

          ---
          [This E-mail has been scanned for viruses but it is your responsibility
          to maintain up to date anti virus software on the device that you are
          currently using to read this email. ]
        • Chuck Carpenter
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 2, 2005
            SR Folks,

            With permission, the basic instructions for Rocky are posted in the Files
            section in PDF format.

            They are also available in MSWord 2k3 .DOC format. If this version is
            useful it can be uploaded too.

            Chuck Carpenter, W5USJ, Point, TX -|- Rains Co. -|- EM22cv -|- 72 es 73
            50 years -|- 19 - K2OFN and 31 - W5USJ -|- Most fun = QRP since 1984.
            www.w5usj.com hosted by Hamnutz.com -|- NeTxQRP www.netxqrp.org
          • KD5NWA
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 2, 2005
              He might be referring to the Zipped file you download, I know I
              rename them so I can keep several versions in my Hard Disk.

              At 07:38 AM 11/2/2005, you wrote:
              >Hi Joe,
              >
              >Good to know that Rocky works on WinME. There are two confirmed cases now,
              >perhaps I should change the statement re. ME on my web page.
              >
              >It is an industry standard to give the same file name to different versions
              >of the executable so that installation of a new version replaces the old
              >one. If you want to keep the previous version, install the new one in a new
              >directory, or just rename the old exe.
              >
              >AM mode is in my plans, but it is not a top priority since it is rarely used
              >by hams on HF.
              >
              >73 Alex VE3NEA
              >

              > > Hi, Alex
              > >
              > > It works fine with my WinMe***
              > >
              > > Would it be possible for you to rename the new versions
              > > so we could keeep them and go back to previous if something
              > > fails or for comparisons?
              > >
              > > Would it be very difficult to add AM mode?
              > >
              > > Many thanks for all your nice works and support.
              > >
              > > 73
              > >
              > > de Joe - CT1AXG
              > >
              > > Citando "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@...>:
              >

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

              Cecil Bayona
              KD5NWA
              www.qrpradio.com

              I fail to see why doing the same thing over and over and getting the
              same results every time is insanity: I've almost proved it isn't;
              only a few more tests now and I'm sure results will differ this time ...
            • windy10605@juno.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 2, 2005
                Alex,

                Rocky just keeps getting better and better. Thank you !

                73 Kees K5BCQ
              • Fred Krom
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 5, 2005
                  Hi Alex,

                  I did install the version 1.2 and try to run it at 96KHz, there is a strange
                  sound. At 44KHz it works ok.
                  When I look at the m-audio 44 control pannel I see the it is at 44khz when
                  rocky is at 96KHz? When I switch it to 96KHz (and lock it) rocky works ok.
                  Is it a program error or is it somting in my installation.

                  73, PE0FKO
                  Fred

                  > SSB is now supported, with a twin-PBT filter. Another new function is
                  > continous wav playback.
                  >
                  > Download: http://www.dxatlas.com/Rocky/RockySetup.zip
                  >
                  > 73 Alex VE3NEA
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Alex, VE3NEA
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 6, 2005
                    Hi Fred,

                    I also use Delta 44, but I have never experienced a problem like this. I
                    have played with the M-Audio control panel - tried to lock the sampling
                    rate, to enable Reset when Idle, etc., but still was unable to reproduce
                    this.

                    When Rocky opens the sound card, it specifically requests the sampling rate
                    selected in its Settings dialog, and continues only if the card agrees to
                    work at that rate. It looks like your driver says OK to Rocky but then does
                    not keep its word!

                    Please see if you can find a driver update on the M-Audio web site.

                    73 Alex VE3NEA