Re: Build problem

  • wb8yqj
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
      Hi Bob,

      Looks like you've found lots of help!

      Probably number one item would be to check for the LED coming on.

      Then check the audio and RF cables to make sure they are not swapped
      or bridged.

      Then examine the board with a magnifier for component position
      and solder bridges.

      If all that looks good, Elecraft suggests the highest percentage
      of their build problems has to do with toroids that may be wound
      properly, but that have enough enamel left on the wires as to
      gum up the connection at the PCB.

      After I wind the coil, I use paint remover on the ends, then
      tin the ends, and finally solder to PCB. The trick is getting a
      good lead and strip on (example) the bifilar twisted wires but
      without shorting them at the ferrite.

      Good luck!

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Miller" <dvcamvideo2004@y...>