Re: [softrock40] Re: SoftRock kits

  • Tony Parks
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 3, 2007
      Hi Les,

      Lots of the Delta 44 interface module kits still in stock at $12 each for DX mailing, postage is included in the price.  Kits typically are mailed the next business day after receiving a PayPal order.

      PayPal to raparks@... to place a kit on order.

      Thanks and 73,
      Tony KB9YIG

      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 3, 2007
        Could someone provide a newbie-explanation
        of the function of the Delta 44 interface,
        please?

        --

        Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
        Projects: http://ham-macguyver.bibleseven.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 3, 2007
          Doc,

          I built one of these the week before last so here is the lowdown.

          Functionally the Delta 44 Interface Board is a replacement for the
          Delta 44 external break out box. It has a DB15 connector mounted to
          one edge and four female 3.5 mm stereo receptacles mounted on the
          opposite edge. The DB15 connector mates with the output connector of
          the Delta 44. The four 3.5 mm stereo receptacles mimic the female
          connectors found on a conventional four input/output sound card.

          When using the Delta 44 Interface Board one no longer has to use the
          RCA 1/8 inch to 3.5 mm adapter cords. Additionally, there are ferrite
          and capacitor filters mounted on the board to provide signal line
          filtering. There are also jumpers that can be used to isolate return
          line ground paths.

          The kit is very easy to build. The components consist of the PCB,
          five connectors, eight surface mount (1206) 220 pF capacitors, eight
          surface mount (1206) 2000 Ohm ferrites, four 2 pin through hole
          headers for the jumpers and four through hole jumper wires. Total
          ssembly time was less than an hour.

          For $12 you save the $30 plus dollars that you would spend on adapter
          cables. Additionally, the filters and jumpers allow some options for
          tracking down and eliminating ground loops.

          For more info take a look at the three pdf files in the Delta 44
          Interface module folder.

          73,

          Dan N4XWE

        • gandalfg8@aol.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 4, 2007
            In a message dated 03/02/2007 23:09:26 GMT Standard Time, danbabc@... writes:
            For more info take a look at the three pdf files in the Delta 44
            Interface module folder.

            73,

            Dan N4XWE
            Whoops

            Great explanation re the Delta 44 interface and wouldn't have bothered with mine if I'd seen this first.

            Perhaps worth reminding folks asking questions that it helps a lot if a new thread is started and/or a title chosen that's relevant to the subject.

            regards

            Nigel
            GM8PZR