Re: Shared MIC/LINE inputs at Audigy SE ? How to use with SoftRock ?

  • jabauzit
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "verduynj" <Jan.Verduyn@...> wrote:

      > Hi Vic, Jean-Claude,
      >
      > Current versions of PowerSDR and KGKSDR do support operation of RXTX
      > with a single soundcard provided that the soundcard used has
      > a) separate microphone and Line-in inputs
      > b) Line-out output
      >
      > This is supported by the vast majority of desktop PCs and soundcards
      > available on the market except for laptops.
      >
      > KGKSDR requires two operations to switch between RX to TX mode at
      > present. Duncan is looking to reduce that to one mouseclick same as
      > is implemented by Bill in PowerSDR at the present time.

      Until I implement the audio switch in my RXTX Beta I am stuck with 2
      sound cards.

      Jean-Claude PJ2BVU
    • ut1wpr
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 3, 2007
        > Until I implement the audio switch in my RXTX Beta I am stuck with 2
        > sound cards.
        >
        > Jean-Claude PJ2BVU

        Thanks to all. Everything is understood.
        Summarized I can say:
        if I want only rx - it will be enough ONE soundcard
        if I want rx and tx - I need to have TWO cards.
        This limits comes from combined mic/line inputs on Creative.
        Greate thanks to Creative designers! :-)
        Probably was very hard to make separate inputs... :-)

        Anyway thanks to all, who tryed to explaine and help me!

        73! de Vic/ut1wpr