Re: Shared MIC/LINE inputs at Audigy SE ? How to use with SoftRock ?

  • verduynj
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
      Hi Vic, Jean-Claude,

      Current versions of PowerSDR and KGKSDR do support operation of RXTX
      with a single soundcard provided that the soundcard used has
      a) separate microphone and Line-in inputs
      b) Line-out output

      This is supported by the vast majority of desktop PCs and soundcards
      available on the market except for laptops.

      KGKSDR requires two operations to switch between RX to TX mode at
      present. Duncan is looking to reduce that to one mouseclick same as
      is implemented by Bill in PowerSDR at the present time.

      Audigy SE and Soundblaster USB 24bit have one shared microphone and
      line-input socket and these card therefore not usuable for single
      card RXTX operation, you will need separate card for RX and for TX.

      I have not experimented with this. Maybe somebody else have got this
      working?

      73s

      Jan G0BBL

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "ut1wpr" <vgol@...> wrote:

      > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "jabauzit" <jabauzit@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > PowerSDR switches the recording source from line in to microphone
      when
      > > switching from RX to TX. And vice versa. I did not test it
      personally,
      > > this is the information I was given by people using it.
      > >
      > > The current version of KGKSDR does not do it and you must use 2
      sound
      > > cards. This is the software I am using for now. Duncan, KGKSDR
      > > developer, is looking into the problem to have the software work
      with
      > > the same sound card.
      >
      > Dear Jean-Claude, thanks for info.
      > As far as I can understood, it's need two soundcards with the same
      > excellent parametres, one for RX and second for TX. And both of this
      > cards must be at least D44 ? So expensive solve as for me :-)
      >
      > Thanks againe,
      >
      > 73!
      >
      > Vic/ut1wpr

    • jabauzit
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "verduynj" <Jan.Verduyn@...> wrote:

        > Hi Vic, Jean-Claude,
        >
        > Current versions of PowerSDR and KGKSDR do support operation of RXTX
        > with a single soundcard provided that the soundcard used has
        > a) separate microphone and Line-in inputs
        > b) Line-out output
        >
        > This is supported by the vast majority of desktop PCs and soundcards
        > available on the market except for laptops.
        >
        > KGKSDR requires two operations to switch between RX to TX mode at
        > present. Duncan is looking to reduce that to one mouseclick same as
        > is implemented by Bill in PowerSDR at the present time.

        Until I implement the audio switch in my RXTX Beta I am stuck with 2
        sound cards.

        Jean-Claude PJ2BVU
      • ut1wpr
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 3, 2007
          > Until I implement the audio switch in my RXTX Beta I am stuck with 2
          > sound cards.
          >
          > Jean-Claude PJ2BVU

          Thanks to all. Everything is understood.
          Summarized I can say:
          if I want only rx - it will be enough ONE soundcard
          if I want rx and tx - I need to have TWO cards.
          This limits comes from combined mic/line inputs on Creative.
          Greate thanks to Creative designers! :-)
          Probably was very hard to make separate inputs... :-)

          Anyway thanks to all, who tryed to explaine and help me!

          73! de Vic/ut1wpr