Re: V6.2 SoftRock Lite transformer T1 winding

  • n3hkn
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
      Acouple of watts will never be noticed on the receiving end. The
      Ramsey kit also has a tendancy to oscillate and becomes very hot with
      no heatsink. If I were doing it again I would use the Ramsey kit for
      the board and its parts but modify it as per the article in the ARRL
      Handbook. There a heatsink is used and proper bypassing and well as
      dual balancing adjustments. Look at the ARRL web site or a copy of
      the Handbook.

      Dick N3HKN

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Parks" <raparks@...> wrote:

      > I wind it around the cores circumference uniformly.
      >
      > 73,
      > Tony KB9YIG

    • Loren Moline WA7SKT
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
        Hello Tony,

        Do you have the data for the coil and input transformer and capacitors for
        the 30 meter lite receiver using 10.7 Mhz? Thanks!

        Loren

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
          Hi Loren,

          SoftRock Lite for 10.7 MHz IF use

          SoftRock operated in 1/3 sub-harmonic sampling mode. Reverse audio cable
          connection to board with tip going to R on board and ring going to T on
          board.

          C3 180 pF

          C4 100 pF

          L1 36T of #30 on a T25-6 core (3.5 uH)

          T1 10T of #30 on primary and 5T of #30 in each of the two secondary

          windings

          "bifilar" over the top of the primary on a T25-6 core (0.28 uH on primary)

          C21 68 pF

          C22 1000 pF

          Crystal X1 is 14.318 MHz which will give a center frequency of about 10.738
          MHz. If the soundcard can sample at 96 kHz then the band coverage is from
          about 10.690 MHz to about 10.786 MHz.

          73,

          Tony KB9YIG