V6.2 SoftRock Lite transformer T1 winding

  • euanmcpherson
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
      Does the secondary winding go right around the core (ie 360 degrees),
      or is it all bunched up at the bottom of the core?
    • Kees & Sandy
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007

        all the way around, equally distributed

        73 Kees K5BCQ

        -- "euanmcpherson" <euanmcpherson@...> wrote:
        Does the secondary winding go right around the core (ie 360 degrees),
        or is it all bunched up at the bottom of the core?

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:softrock40-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:softrock40-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

        <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Tony Parks
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
          I wind it around the cores circumference uniformly.

          73,
          Tony KB9YIG

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
            Acouple of watts will never be noticed on the receiving end. The
            Ramsey kit also has a tendancy to oscillate and becomes very hot with
            no heatsink. If I were doing it again I would use the Ramsey kit for
            the board and its parts but modify it as per the article in the ARRL
            Handbook. There a heatsink is used and proper bypassing and well as
            dual balancing adjustments. Look at the ARRL web site or a copy of
            the Handbook.

            Dick N3HKN

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Parks" <raparks@...> wrote:

            > I wind it around the cores circumference uniformly.
            >
            > 73,
            > Tony KB9YIG

          • Loren Moline WA7SKT
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
              Hello Tony,

              Do you have the data for the coil and input transformer and capacitors for
              the 30 meter lite receiver using 10.7 Mhz? Thanks!

              Loren

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
                Hi Loren,

                SoftRock Lite for 10.7 MHz IF use

                SoftRock operated in 1/3 sub-harmonic sampling mode. Reverse audio cable
                connection to board with tip going to R on board and ring going to T on
                board.

                C3 180 pF

                C4 100 pF

                L1 36T of #30 on a T25-6 core (3.5 uH)

                T1 10T of #30 on primary and 5T of #30 in each of the two secondary

                windings

                "bifilar" over the top of the primary on a T25-6 core (0.28 uH on primary)

                C21 68 pF

                C22 1000 pF

                Crystal X1 is 14.318 MHz which will give a center frequency of about 10.738
                MHz. If the soundcard can sample at 96 kHz then the band coverage is from
                about 10.690 MHz to about 10.786 MHz.

                73,

                Tony KB9YIG