Audio transformers

  • Kees & Sandy
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007

      Don't recall if this has been mentioned before.

      For those of you wanting to try audio coupling (to cut the OpAmp handling BW down), DigiKey now offers the Tamura "MET" line of tiny <100Khz audio transformers for $6.80 each in qtys of 10. That's still relatively high but a cool way to block unwanted frequencies and a more straight forward way to use the OpAmp in differential mode.

      73 Kees K5BCQ

    • kd5nwa
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
        What model? I have not found one for that price, I found some for
        more money with the price break at quantity 25.

        Were you thinking of putting the transformer between the detector and
        the op-amps? Where they are likely to do the most good is between the
        radio and the PC.

        At 02:28 PM 2/1/2007, you wrote:

        >Don't recall if this has been mentioned before.
        >
        >For those of you wanting to try audio coupling (to cut the OpAmp
        >handling BW down), DigiKey now offers the Tamura "MET" line of tiny
        ><100Khz audio transformers for $6.80 each in qtys of 10. That's
        >still relatively high but a cool way to block unwanted frequencies
        >and a more straight forward way to use the OpAmp in differential mode.
        >
        >73 Kees K5BCQ

        Cecil Bayona
        KD5NWA
        www.qrpradio.com

        'Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then
        beat you with experience.'
      • Kees & Sandy
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007

          Under DigiKey look up "MET-09" (as an example) or "Tamura" and "Audio" ...... there are many listed.

          I was going to put it between the detector and the OpAmp to cut down on unwanted signals. Those little things can be easily shielded too with some copper tape.

          73 Kees K5BCQ

          At 02:28 PM 2/1/2007, you wrote:

          >Don't recall if this has been mentioned before.
          >
          >For those of you wanting to try audio coupling (to cut the OpAmp
          >handling BW down), DigiKey now offers the Tamura "MET" line of tiny
          ><100Khz audio transformers for $6.80 each in qtys of 10. That's
          >still relatively high but a cool way to block unwanted frequencies
          >and a more straight forward way to use the OpAmp in differential mode.
          >
          >73 Kees K5BCQ

          Cecil Bayona
          KD5NWA
          www.qrpradio.com

          'Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then
          beat you with experience.'

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              mailto:softrock40-digest@yahoogroups.com
              mailto:softrock40-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

          <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/