Re: [softrock40] RXTXv6.1 - Photos of my setup

  • Tony Parks
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2007

      Very nice pictures Bodo and I am quite pleased the RXTXv6.1 transceiver is working properly for you as well as for others who have finished their kit or are running with a RXTX beta version.

      I feel the RXTX project has been a good model of what can happen when hams in various countries collaborate in a positive way to have a good project outcome. The RXTX kit would not be available except for the project initiation and circuit design by Jan G0BBL, along with the other guys on the UK design team, M0PUB and G8BTR; and the excellent design critique and testing by Tom DG8SAQ, Bodo DJ9CS, Hidehiko JA9MAT, Terry, WB4JFI, and others. Tom was especially helpful with the design testing, helping to establish gain distribution through the TX stages, as well as finding and fixing the subtle problem where the RX antenna switch was disturbing proper TX operation.  Additionally, without sophisticated RX-TX software from Duncan, and Bill KD5TFD with his modification of PowerSDR, a simple SDR transceiver like the RXTXv6.1 would be useless.

      Thanks also to those who have been interested enough in the project to buy the various prototype kits thereby encouraging the continuation of the project.

      73,

      Tony KB9YIG

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2007
        Hi Vic,

        my setup corresponds to that of Hidehiko (JA9MAT) you will find in the
        files area

        SoftRock v.6.0 docs -> v6 RXTX transceiver info -> RXTXv6.1

        - Softrockv6b_Configuration.BMP

        - Softrockv6b_Configuration_KGKSDR.gif

        In the connections configuration pins 4 (DTR) and 7 (RTS) of the COM
        port are interchanged, like in the configuration given by Jan, G0BBL
        in the same area.

        Good luck for your setup.

        73 de Bodo, DJ9CS
      • Kees & Sandy
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2007

          Really nice pictures, Bodo.

          "SoftRock 40" has certainly come a long way !!!  Great fun and a terrific learning experience.

          73 Kees K5BCQ

          -- "ad9850" <bscholz@...> wrote:
          Hi Vic,

          my setup corresponds to that of Hidehiko (JA9MAT) you will find in the
          files area

          SoftRock v.6.0 docs -> v6 RXTX transceiver info -> RXTXv6.1

          - Softrockv6b_Configuration.BMP

          - Softrockv6b_Configuration_KGKSDR.gif

          In the connections configuration  pins 4 (DTR) and 7 (RTS) of the COM
          port are interchanged, like in the configuration given by Jan, G0BBL
          in the same area.

          Good luck for your setup.

          73 de Bodo, DJ9CS

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              mailto:softrock40-digest@yahoogroups.com
              mailto:softrock40-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

          <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/