Re: MiniBoots Amp

  • Marsh Parker
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 1, 2007
      Thanks to all for your input. Looks like the ARRL design or the HF
      Packer might be the way to go. Should work with the Softrock RXTX.

      73,
      Marsh, NC7V
    • Leigh L. Klotz, Jr.
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 1, 2007
        Don't overlook the 5W Pre Amp from http://hfprojects.com which can take
        SDR output levels up to what's needed to drive their 100W amp. I have
        built the 5W pre-amp and am about to get started on the 100W. As others
        have noted, only the 100W stage needs the LPF.

        73,
        Leigh/WA5ZNU

        Marsh Parker wrote:
        > Thanks to all for your input. Looks like the ARRL design or the HF
        > Packer might be the way to go. Should work with the Softrock RXTX.
        >
        > 73,
        > Marsh, NC7V

      • Tom Hall
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 2, 2007
          http://hfprojects.com also takes the 5 watt preamp one step further and
          combines it with a LPF kit and calls it the SlimGem. This amp will take
          a ½ watt input and put out 5 watts or if you change the input
          attenuator it will take 2.5 watts in and put out about 15 – 20 watts. I
          built one and it works very well. The LPF kit all by itself is a pretty
          interesting kit for any TX you might want to homebrew. Both kits are
          pretty cheap are of good quality.

          Tom, AK2B