Re: RXTXv6.1 - Photos of my setup

  • ad9850
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2007
      Hi Vic,

      I am using the USB soundcard Creative Live!24bit for RX IQ input and
      TX IQ output, the onboard card for Speaker out and Mic input.

      73 de Bodo, DJ9CS
    • ut1wpr
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2007
        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "ad9850" <bscholz@...> wrote:

        > Hi Vic,
        >
        > I am using the USB soundcard Creative Live!24bit for RX IQ input and
        > TX IQ output, the onboard card for Speaker out and Mic input.
        >
        > 73 de Bodo, DJ9CS

        Aha! Very nice!
        would you like to draw simply schematic for interconnection between
        two soundcards and sofrock?

        I have Creative Audigy SE Bulk and onboard as second.
        Please tell me how it connect together. Also please explain how you
        work with two soundcards on your WinXP? I haven't experiense at all :-(

        If you wish please send me your letter on follow address:
        vgol@...

        Thanks in advance, dear Bodo!

        Vic/ut1wpr
      • Ozzie Diaz
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2007
          Hi Bodo,
          TNX for fantastic pix...Great job!

          73

          Ozzie, w6icm

          ad9850 <bscholz@...> wrote:
          Hi,

          yesterday I had my first CW QSO with a station in the UK using
          Duncan's KGKSDR version 1.1.0.48. Great hard- and software, thanks
          Tony and Duncan!

          I uploaded some pictures of my setup into the 'Photos' area.

          If you are interested in the photos at a better resolution, here are
          the download links:

          http://dj9cs. raisdorf. net/images/ RXTXv61_Platine_ oben_1.jpg

          http://dj9cs. raisdorf. net/images/ RXTXv61_Platine_ unten_1.jpg

          http://dj9cs. raisdorf. net/images/ RXTXv61_Testaufb au_01.gif

          http://dj9cs. raisdorf. net/images/ RXTXv61_Testaufb au_02.gif

          73 de Bodo, DJ9CS

          TV dinner still cooling?

        • Tony Parks
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2007

            Very nice pictures Bodo and I am quite pleased the RXTXv6.1 transceiver is working properly for you as well as for others who have finished their kit or are running with a RXTX beta version.

            I feel the RXTX project has been a good model of what can happen when hams in various countries collaborate in a positive way to have a good project outcome. The RXTX kit would not be available except for the project initiation and circuit design by Jan G0BBL, along with the other guys on the UK design team, M0PUB and G8BTR; and the excellent design critique and testing by Tom DG8SAQ, Bodo DJ9CS, Hidehiko JA9MAT, Terry, WB4JFI, and others. Tom was especially helpful with the design testing, helping to establish gain distribution through the TX stages, as well as finding and fixing the subtle problem where the RX antenna switch was disturbing proper TX operation.  Additionally, without sophisticated RX-TX software from Duncan, and Bill KD5TFD with his modification of PowerSDR, a simple SDR transceiver like the RXTXv6.1 would be useless.

            Thanks also to those who have been interested enough in the project to buy the various prototype kits thereby encouraging the continuation of the project.

            73,

            Tony KB9YIG

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 1, 2007
              Hi Vic,

              my setup corresponds to that of Hidehiko (JA9MAT) you will find in the
              files area

              SoftRock v.6.0 docs -> v6 RXTX transceiver info -> RXTXv6.1

              - Softrockv6b_Configuration.BMP

              - Softrockv6b_Configuration_KGKSDR.gif

              In the connections configuration pins 4 (DTR) and 7 (RTS) of the COM
              port are interchanged, like in the configuration given by Jan, G0BBL
              in the same area.

              Good luck for your setup.

              73 de Bodo, DJ9CS
            • Kees & Sandy
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 1, 2007

                Really nice pictures, Bodo.

                "SoftRock 40" has certainly come a long way !!!  Great fun and a terrific learning experience.

                73 Kees K5BCQ

                -- "ad9850" <bscholz@...> wrote:
                Hi Vic,

                my setup corresponds to that of Hidehiko (JA9MAT) you will find in the
                files area

                SoftRock v.6.0 docs -> v6 RXTX transceiver info -> RXTXv6.1

                - Softrockv6b_Configuration.BMP

                - Softrockv6b_Configuration_KGKSDR.gif

                In the connections configuration  pins 4 (DTR) and 7 (RTS) of the COM
                port are interchanged, like in the configuration given by Jan, G0BBL
                in the same area.

                Good luck for your setup.

                73 de Bodo, DJ9CS

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    mailto:softrock40-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    mailto:softrock40-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

                <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/