Re: Shared MIC/LINE inputs at Audigy SE ? How to use with SoftRock ?

  • jabauzit
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "ut1wpr" <vgol@...> wrote:

      > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "jabauzit" <jabauzit@> wrote:
      >
      > Dear Jean-Claude, thanks for info.
      > As far as I can understood, it's need two soundcards with the same
      > excellent parametres, one for RX and second for TX. And both of this
      > cards must be at least D44 ? So expensive solve as for me :-)

      If you use a D44 you need only one as it has 4 input and 4 output.

      Jean-Claude PJ2BVU
    • jabauzit
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
        Hi Vic,

        My previous answer was incomplete and misleading. I said you need to
        use 2 sound cards, but this is only with KGKSDR.
        If you use PowerSDR and if you have the production version of the RXTX
        you only need one sound card but you will have to use the headphone
        output of the RXTX to listen when on receive.

        Jean-Claude, PJ2BVU
      • verduynj
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
          Hi Vic, Jean-Claude,

          Current versions of PowerSDR and KGKSDR do support operation of RXTX
          with a single soundcard provided that the soundcard used has
          a) separate microphone and Line-in inputs
          b) Line-out output

          This is supported by the vast majority of desktop PCs and soundcards
          available on the market except for laptops.

          KGKSDR requires two operations to switch between RX to TX mode at
          present. Duncan is looking to reduce that to one mouseclick same as
          is implemented by Bill in PowerSDR at the present time.

          Audigy SE and Soundblaster USB 24bit have one shared microphone and
          line-input socket and these card therefore not usuable for single
          card RXTX operation, you will need separate card for RX and for TX.

          I have not experimented with this. Maybe somebody else have got this
          working?

          73s

          Jan G0BBL

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "ut1wpr" <vgol@...> wrote:

          > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "jabauzit" <jabauzit@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > PowerSDR switches the recording source from line in to microphone
          when
          > > switching from RX to TX. And vice versa. I did not test it
          personally,
          > > this is the information I was given by people using it.
          > >
          > > The current version of KGKSDR does not do it and you must use 2
          sound
          > > cards. This is the software I am using for now. Duncan, KGKSDR
          > > developer, is looking into the problem to have the software work
          with
          > > the same sound card.
          >
          > Dear Jean-Claude, thanks for info.
          > As far as I can understood, it's need two soundcards with the same
          > excellent parametres, one for RX and second for TX. And both of this
          > cards must be at least D44 ? So expensive solve as for me :-)
          >
          > Thanks againe,
          >
          > 73!
          >
          > Vic/ut1wpr

        • jabauzit
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "verduynj" <Jan.Verduyn@...> wrote:

            > Hi Vic, Jean-Claude,
            >
            > Current versions of PowerSDR and KGKSDR do support operation of RXTX
            > with a single soundcard provided that the soundcard used has
            > a) separate microphone and Line-in inputs
            > b) Line-out output
            >
            > This is supported by the vast majority of desktop PCs and soundcards
            > available on the market except for laptops.
            >
            > KGKSDR requires two operations to switch between RX to TX mode at
            > present. Duncan is looking to reduce that to one mouseclick same as
            > is implemented by Bill in PowerSDR at the present time.

            Until I implement the audio switch in my RXTX Beta I am stuck with 2
            sound cards.

            Jean-Claude PJ2BVU
          • ut1wpr
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 3, 2007
              > Until I implement the audio switch in my RXTX Beta I am stuck with 2
              > sound cards.
              >
              > Jean-Claude PJ2BVU

              Thanks to all. Everything is understood.
              Summarized I can say:
              if I want only rx - it will be enough ONE soundcard
              if I want rx and tx - I need to have TWO cards.
              This limits comes from combined mic/line inputs on Creative.
              Greate thanks to Creative designers! :-)
              Probably was very hard to make separate inputs... :-)

              Anyway thanks to all, who tryed to explaine and help me!

              73! de Vic/ut1wpr