SR-40/30 Dual Bander and Rocky v1.1

  • Chuck Carpenter
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2005
      SR Folks,

      Got my SR modified with a switch so I can select either crystal for 40 or
      30 meters. Used a sub-mini SPDT toggle switch and soldered the crystals
      directly to the switch. The common switch contact connects with a short
      lead to the crystal hot side at the board. Actually I'd used a DIP pin for
      the connection so I'm plugged into the DIP pin.

      The ground ends of the crystals are connected together with a short lead to
      DIP pin crystal ground. Along with Rocky v1.1, it's now easy to switch
      bands. Works with PowerSDR too of course.

      New picture to be posted of the lashup. Haven't grounded the crystals,
      BTW, and tapping or touching them doesn't seem to cause any problems.

      Chuck Carpenter, W5USJ, Point, TX -|- Rains Co. -|- EM22cv -|- 72 es 73
      50 years -|- 19 - K2OFN and 31 - W5USJ -|- Most fun = QRP since 1984.
      www.w5usj.com hosted by Hamnutz.com -|- NeTxQRP www.netxqrp.org