Linear Amp by KD1JV

  • jeanphanson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2007
      I thought some you might be interested in the linear amp designed by
      KD1JV, in case it hasn't been mentioned in previous posts. Sorry, I
      don't keep up with the threads on a daily basis so I apologize if this
      is a redundant posting.

      For those who want a little more punch than typical qrp levels, Steve
      designed a pair of push-pull IRF510's that generate 25 watts on 75
      meters using a 12 volt power source. I assume it is a class AB as it
      was designed for SSB, but I'm not enough of an engineer to tell by
      looking at the schematic. Better minds than mine can explain. :-)

      You can see the schematic as this website:
      http://kd1jv.qrpradio.com/ssbrig2/SSB2.HTM

      With a little bad weather this weekend, I should be able to finish the
      exciter board and then start on the amp. I'll add a post if/when I
      get the amp working.

      Cheers,

      Gary, KJ5VW