SoftRock v5.0 new schematic posted

  • kb9yig
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2005
      Good Morning All,

      I have posted a new schematic with a table started on the schematic
      page to include band-specific component values.

      The first example of the v5.0 SoftRock is playing nicely on 40
      meters. Uncorrected I/Q gain balance is within 8% and phase balance
      is about 3 degrees. Rocky does a great job of tuning out the gain
      and phase imbalance. The v5.0 sensitivity is a little less than the
      v4.0 but the MDS is still on the order of -130dBm.

      I will be building another v5.0 this week to try operation on 20
      meters.

      Sorry, my digital camera has stopped working properly so I can't
      post any pictures of the two board stack.

      I will be mailing out the v5.0 kits to alpha testers this week with
      several going out today. E-mails will be sent to individual alpha
      testers when I am ready to send each kit.

      73,
      Tony KB9YIG