Shared MIC/LINE inputs at Audigy SE ? How to use with SoftRock ?

  • ut1wpr
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2007
      My soundcard Audigy SE has a shared (selected by soundcard control
      program) MIC / LINE input. Seems this card useless for SoftRock RxTx v6.1.
      Am I wrong?
      73!
      Vic
    • jabauzit
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 31, 2007
        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "ut1wpr" <vgol@...> wrote:

        > My soundcard Audigy SE has a shared (selected by soundcard control
        > program) MIC / LINE input. Seems this card useless for SoftRock RxTx
        v6.1.
        > Am I wrong?
        > 73!
        > Vic

        PowerSDR supports that and Duncan is looking into it for KGKSDR.

        Jean-Claude PJ2BVU
      • ut1wpr
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 31, 2007
          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "jabauzit" <jabauzit@...> wrote:

          > PowerSDR supports that and Duncan is looking into it for KGKSDR.

          Didn't understood.. In which way this card switching his MIC/LINE-IN
          mixer? Does it make by PowerSDR or KGKSDR soft? Not sure...
          Please explaine it with more details..

          Anyway thank you,

          73!
          Vic/ut1wpr
        • jabauzit
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 31, 2007
            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "ut1wpr" <vgol@...> wrote:

            > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "jabauzit" <jabauzit@> wrote:
            >
            > > PowerSDR supports that and Duncan is looking into it for KGKSDR.
            > >
            > Didn't understood.. In which way this card switching his MIC/LINE-IN
            > mixer? Does it make by PowerSDR or KGKSDR soft? Not sure...
            > Please explaine it with more details..

            PowerSDR switches the recording source from line in to microphone when
            switching from RX to TX. And vice versa. I did not test it personally,
            this is the information I was given by people using it.

            The current version of KGKSDR does not do it and you must use 2 sound
            cards. This is the software I am using for now. Duncan, KGKSDR
            developer, is looking into the problem to have the software work with
            the same sound card.

            Jean-Claude PJ2BVU
          • ut1wpr
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 31, 2007
              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "jabauzit" <jabauzit@...> wrote:

              > PowerSDR switches the recording source from line in to microphone when
              > switching from RX to TX. And vice versa. I did not test it personally,
              > this is the information I was given by people using it.
              >
              > The current version of KGKSDR does not do it and you must use 2 sound
              > cards. This is the software I am using for now. Duncan, KGKSDR
              > developer, is looking into the problem to have the software work with
              > the same sound card.

              Dear Jean-Claude, thanks for info.
              As far as I can understood, it's need two soundcards with the same
              excellent parametres, one for RX and second for TX. And both of this
              cards must be at least D44 ? So expensive solve as for me :-)

              Thanks againe,

              73!

              Vic/ut1wpr
            • jabauzit
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
                --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "ut1wpr" <vgol@...> wrote:

                > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "jabauzit" <jabauzit@> wrote:
                >
                > Dear Jean-Claude, thanks for info.
                > As far as I can understood, it's need two soundcards with the same
                > excellent parametres, one for RX and second for TX. And both of this
                > cards must be at least D44 ? So expensive solve as for me :-)

                If you use a D44 you need only one as it has 4 input and 4 output.

                Jean-Claude PJ2BVU
              • jabauzit
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
                  Hi Vic,

                  My previous answer was incomplete and misleading. I said you need to
                  use 2 sound cards, but this is only with KGKSDR.
                  If you use PowerSDR and if you have the production version of the RXTX
                  you only need one sound card but you will have to use the headphone
                  output of the RXTX to listen when on receive.

                  Jean-Claude, PJ2BVU
                • verduynj
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
                    Hi Vic, Jean-Claude,

                    Current versions of PowerSDR and KGKSDR do support operation of RXTX
                    with a single soundcard provided that the soundcard used has
                    a) separate microphone and Line-in inputs
                    b) Line-out output

                    This is supported by the vast majority of desktop PCs and soundcards
                    available on the market except for laptops.

                    KGKSDR requires two operations to switch between RX to TX mode at
                    present. Duncan is looking to reduce that to one mouseclick same as
                    is implemented by Bill in PowerSDR at the present time.

                    Audigy SE and Soundblaster USB 24bit have one shared microphone and
                    line-input socket and these card therefore not usuable for single
                    card RXTX operation, you will need separate card for RX and for TX.

                    I have not experimented with this. Maybe somebody else have got this
                    working?

                    73s

                    Jan G0BBL

                    --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "ut1wpr" <vgol@...> wrote:

                    > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "jabauzit" <jabauzit@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > PowerSDR switches the recording source from line in to microphone
                    when
                    > > switching from RX to TX. And vice versa. I did not test it
                    personally,
                    > > this is the information I was given by people using it.
                    > >
                    > > The current version of KGKSDR does not do it and you must use 2
                    sound
                    > > cards. This is the software I am using for now. Duncan, KGKSDR
                    > > developer, is looking into the problem to have the software work
                    with
                    > > the same sound card.
                    >
                    > Dear Jean-Claude, thanks for info.
                    > As far as I can understood, it's need two soundcards with the same
                    > excellent parametres, one for RX and second for TX. And both of this
                    > cards must be at least D44 ? So expensive solve as for me :-)
                    >
                    > Thanks againe,
                    >
                    > 73!
                    >
                    > Vic/ut1wpr

                  • jabauzit
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
                      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "verduynj" <Jan.Verduyn@...> wrote:

                      > Hi Vic, Jean-Claude,
                      >
                      > Current versions of PowerSDR and KGKSDR do support operation of RXTX
                      > with a single soundcard provided that the soundcard used has
                      > a) separate microphone and Line-in inputs
                      > b) Line-out output
                      >
                      > This is supported by the vast majority of desktop PCs and soundcards
                      > available on the market except for laptops.
                      >
                      > KGKSDR requires two operations to switch between RX to TX mode at
                      > present. Duncan is looking to reduce that to one mouseclick same as
                      > is implemented by Bill in PowerSDR at the present time.

                      Until I implement the audio switch in my RXTX Beta I am stuck with 2
                      sound cards.

                      Jean-Claude PJ2BVU
                    • ut1wpr
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 3, 2007
                        > Until I implement the audio switch in my RXTX Beta I am stuck with 2
                        > sound cards.
                        >
                        > Jean-Claude PJ2BVU

                        Thanks to all. Everything is understood.
                        Summarized I can say:
                        if I want only rx - it will be enough ONE soundcard
                        if I want rx and tx - I need to have TWO cards.
                        This limits comes from combined mic/line inputs on Creative.
                        Greate thanks to Creative designers! :-)
                        Probably was very hard to make separate inputs... :-)

                        Anyway thanks to all, who tryed to explaine and help me!

                        73! de Vic/ut1wpr