RXTXv6.1 - PC connect ing drawing

  • kb9yig
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 28, 2007
      Good Morning All,

      Jan, G0BBL, has put together a nice drawing to show how to connect the
      RXTXv6.1 with a PC, key, mic, etc. Please go to the files area to
      download Jan's drawing via the path:

      Files > SoftRock v6.0 docs > v6 RXTX transceiver info > RXTXv6.1

      73,
      Tony KB9YIG
    • jabauzit
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 28, 2007
        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <raparks@...> wrote:

        > Good Morning All,
        >
        > Jan, G0BBL, has put together a nice drawing to show how to connect the
        > RXTXv6.1 with a PC, key, mic, etc. Please go to the files area to
        > download Jan's drawing via the path:

        I wonder how Jan managed to do it with only one soundcard in SSB. He
        must be manually switching the recording source - with the mixer -
        between Line In and Microphone when going from RX to TX and vice
        versa. As of today KGKSDR does not do it. Here I had to use 2
        soundcards as I did not add the earphone switch on my RXTX Beta. Using
        2 soundcards allows me to have Line In as recording source on one of
        them and the microphone on the other -> no need to switch anything in
        CW and SSB.

        Jean-Claude, PJ2BVU
      • verduynj
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 28, 2007
          Hi Jean-Claude,

          The diagram is correct for both PowerSDR and M0KGK Software, except
          obvious CW keyer connections is different in PowerSDR. One soundcard
          does it all, obviously CW sidetone is not possible with only one
          Line_out connector....

          In PowerSDR the program switches automatically Recording Control
          Line_In " in Receive Mode to "Microphone" input in Transmit mode
          You press "MOX" to Transmit and press "MOX" again to go back to
          Receive.

          Duncan is looking to do the same for KGKSDR program, meanwhile SSB
          operation with M0KGK switching form RX to TX requires two
          operations: a) press M0KGK MOX softbutton, b) select "microphone"
          control in Windows mixer recording Control..

          Going back to from TX to RX:
          a) press PTT softbutton and b) Recording Options select "Line in"
          It works!!!

          Good luck

          Jan

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "jabauzit" <jabauzit@...> wrote:

          > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <raparks@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Good Morning All,
          > >
          > > Jan, G0BBL, has put together a nice drawing to show how to
          connect the
          > > RXTXv6.1 with a PC, key, mic, etc. Please go to the files area
          > > download Jan's drawing via the path:
          > >
          > I wonder how Jan managed to do it with only one soundcard in SSB. He
          > must be manually switching the recording source - with the mixer -
          > between Line In and Microphone when going from RX to TX and vice
          > versa. As of today KGKSDR does not do it. Here I had to use 2
          > soundcards as I did not add the earphone switch on my RXTX Beta.
          Using
          > 2 soundcards allows me to have Line In as recording source on one of
          > them and the microphone on the other -> no need to switch anything
          in
          > CW and SSB.
          >
          > Jean-Claude, PJ2BVU

        • jabauzit
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 28, 2007
            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "verduynj" <Jan.Verduyn@...> wrote:

            > Hi Jean-Claude,
            >
            > The diagram is correct for both PowerSDR and M0KGK Software, except
            > obvious CW keyer connections is different in PowerSDR. One soundcard
            > does it all, obviously CW sidetone is not possible with only one
            > Line_out connector....
            >
            > In PowerSDR the program switches automatically Recording Control
            > Line_In " in Receive Mode to "Microphone" input in Transmit mode
            > You press "MOX" to Transmit and press "MOX" again to go back to
            > Receive.
            >
            > Duncan is looking to do the same for KGKSDR program, meanwhile SSB
            > operation with M0KGK switching form RX to TX requires two
            > operations: a) press M0KGK MOX softbutton, b) select "microphone"
            > control in Windows mixer recording Control..
            >
            > Going back to from TX to RX:
            > a) press PTT softbutton and b) Recording Options select "Line in"
            > It works!!!

            Hi Jan,

            This exactly what I said, I never put in doubt your drawing just that
            with KGKSDR you had to manually switch the recording source which you
            confirmed.
            Until now I only used - with great success - KGKSDR. I have the Beta
            version of the RXTX and in order to use PowerSDR I have to add the
            audio switch for earphones as PowerSDR supports only one sound card.
            In order to use both PowerSDR and KGKSDR how did you do the cabling?
            Did you bring the signals to some kind of header in which you plug
            different cables with DB9?

            Jean-Claude, PJ2BVU
          • Duncan Munro
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 28, 2007
              verduynj wrote:
              > The diagram is correct for both PowerSDR and M0KGK Software, except
              > obvious CW keyer connections is different in PowerSDR.

              Hi Jan, can you let me know what is different between the connections?
              I thought KGKSDR used the same as PowerSDR - it made sense to keep them
              the same!

              73,

              Duncan
              M0KGK
            • jabauzit
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 28, 2007
                --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Duncan Munro <m0kgk@...> wrote:

                > verduynj wrote:
                > > The diagram is correct for both PowerSDR and M0KGK Software, except
                > > obvious CW keyer connections is different in PowerSDR.
                >
                > Hi Jan, can you let me know what is different between the connections?
                > I thought KGKSDR used the same as PowerSDR - it made sense to keep them
                > the same!

                Hi Duncan,

                In Files -> SoftRock V6.0 Docs -> V6 Exciter Docs there is a schematic
                QRP 2006 SDR Exciter Interface V1
                You also need the SDR-1000 Manual.
                The PTT wiring is the same but PowerSDR has a build in keyer and needs
                3 connexions to the paddles: Common, Dits and Dah.
                I also suppose an external keyer is supported and in this case 2 wires
                would be enough.

                Jean-Claude PJ2BVU
              • DR Mynatt
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 1 8:21 AM
                  What type of antenna is recommended? Is a half-wave ideal? Will it work on another? I'm in an apartment.

                  Dave
                  KA0SWT
                  ====