Re: Rocky 1.1 released - new features

  • Bruce Beford
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 29, 2005
      Excellent, Alex!

      As an owner of a multiband SoftRock, I thank you profusely! I look
      forward to trying it later this evening. Thanks once again for all
      your fine work.

      73,
      Bruce N1RX

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@d...>
      wrote:

      > I have just released Rocky 1.1. Two new functions hav been added.
      >
      > 1. Multi-band support. The drop-down button to the right of the
      frequency
      > display allows you to select one of the pre-defined bands. For
      each band,
      > the LO frequency and I/Q balance info are stored. Run the program
      once, then
      > open Rocky.ini in a text editor and add/delete/edit the band
      definitions if
      > necessary.
      >
      > 2. WAV file recording/playback. You can record either the input
      I/Q signals
      > or the output audio signal. The I/Q recording can be played back
      in Rocky.
      > The recordings of the output signal can be played in MS Multimedia
      Player.
      > Please enter your name, callsign and QTH in the Settings dialog.
      Rocky will
      > put these data in the comments section of your wav recordings so
      that other
      > users will see at a glance when and where the recording was made,
      who made
      > it, and what the LO frequency was. When playing an I/Q wave
      recording, you
      > can view this info by moving your mouse cursor over the playback
      progress
      > bar.
      >
      > 73 Alex VE3NEA

    • Chuck Carpenter
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 29, 2005
        Alex,

        Very nice and thanks for all your efforts. That you can select between
        single band and multiple bands is a nice touch too.

        Now to get a switch mounted so I can change bands without switching 30 and
        40 mtr crystals. Probably saw the bat short on a mini toggle
        switch...[g] Round holes is easier to do with my limited tools. (A small
        slide switch would be better but I have a mini toggle.)

        Chuck Carpenter, W5USJ, Point, TX -|- Rains Co. -|- EM22cv -|- 72 es 73
        50 years -|- 19 - K2OFN and 31 - W5USJ -|- Most fun = QRP since 1984.
        www.w5usj.com hosted by Hamnutz.com -|- NeTxQRP www.netxqrp.com
      • Bill Dumke
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 29, 2005
          Alex,

          Just tried out 1.1 with the PowerSDR wav files. Now it works great. No
          feedback. Got all the surface mount stuff soldered to the SoftRock 40
          board. Now I have to get the rest on, and then I will try Rocky with a
          real SoftRock 40.

          Thanks,

          Bill WB5TCO