Re: Here We Go - My First Newbie Question

  • kerrygeek1
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2007
      I used the method on Cash Olsen's web site using the hot air gun,
      solder paste and a coffee cup warmer. I got the heat gun locally on
      sale at Hobby Lobby for $12 and the cup warmer at Walgreen's for
      $3.00. I ordered the solder paste from Cash on his web site, so far
      we've used it to build 2 boards and haven't even made a dent in it.

      I'm no spring chicken either (47 next month) but a pair of cheapo
      reading glasses (also from Walgreen's) and a gooseneck light clamped
      to the edge of the desk was all I needed. I borrowed a lid of a cake
      pan to keep the parts from rolling off the desk, it's now back in the
      kitchen and my wife didn't even miss it.

      Don't worry about the smt parts, I was sweating it but it was actually
      the easiest part of the project. I was wishing more of the board was
      SMT. The other parts took much longer than the SMT parts.

      73,
      Kerry