Soldering SoftRocks

  • Steve Ireland
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2007

      G’day es HNY

      It has been interesting to hear what people use to assemble their SoftRocks.

      I have assembled two v6 and one v4, using nothing more than an old Weller TC201 temperature controlled iron, 0.56mm diameter rosin-cored solder and a cheap magnifying visor (plus occasional use of a magnifying glass), plus using Tony’s detailed instructions.  Chip caps and SMD ICs are simply held in place with the tip of a forefinger.

      The key is to follow Tony’s tips on soldering the components in place and the use of the visor (in conjunction with the magnifying glass).  I should add that I am over 50 years old and also wear glasses for reading/under the visor.  Once you have soldered a few components in place, you really start to wonder what you were worried about!

      Have fun!

      Vy 73

      Steve, VK6VZ