Re: Rocky and IQ balance

  • verduynj
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2007
      John,

      One simple way to check SOFTROCK I and Q signals is to tune to a
      steady carrier strength about S9 on the band and using Rocky.

      Now just connect the I channel and note the response on Rocky in dBs.
      Next step remove the I channel and connect the Q channel.. Response
      on Rocky should be the same. This should allow you to trace quickly
      that I and Q are present.
      If the gain of one channel is different from the other channel, check
      the value of the resistors which set the gain around the opamp.

      Good luck & Happy 2007!!

      Jan G0BBL