Re: [softrock40] Soundcard List

  • Bill Dumke
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2006
      Dan,

      Don't waste your money.  Buy an MAudio Delta 44 or if you can't find that, a Delta 66.  It will give low noise and also 96 kHz sampling with a flat response.   The Achilles' heel of SDR is the soundcard.  Getting something else will never work as well, even some of the better and newer soundcards.

      Bill WA9PWR

      Dan Reynolds wrote:

      Is there a list of soundcards that work or are acceptable or better
      yet should be avoided.
      I tried searching for a card that I had picked out but couldn't find
      it in any of the messages so far...
      Dan KB9JLO

    • kd4e
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
        Which is preferred, the Delta 44 or Delta 66?

        --

        Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
        *Have a joy-filled New Year!*
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
          I second Bill's comments. I messed around with an on-board card, a
          SoundBlaster Live 5.1, SoundBlaster 128, and one other card I cannot
          remember before buying the Delta 44.

          The Delta 44 is much better than any of the cards I tried.

          And, as a benefit, with a set of Logitech THX-certified speakers, my
          computer plays music with quality every bit as good as my Yamaha stereo.
          I now listen to music on the computer rather than on the big stereo...

          thanks and 73,
          ben, KD5BYB