Re: RXTXv6.1, production RXTX kit schematic / board now posted

  • jfteste
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 31, 2006
      Hello Tony,

      Ok Tony, I'll wait for the begining of the new year to place my order.
      Please, could you confirm the address to send payment (cannot find any
      useful information on Amqrp site ... Obsolete or moved ? )

      Thanks again
      73,
      Jean-Francois
      F5BCB

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Parks" <raparks@...> wrote:

      > Hi Jean-Francois,
      >
      > Please wait on ordering an RXTXv6.1 kit until January. At that time
      a kit may be ordered via PayPal by going to your PayPal account page
      and selecting the Send Money tab for sending the kit price in US $.
      Be sure to state what your order is on the form that will come up and
      make sure your mailing address is correct. All kit prices include
      mailing costs so a RXTXv6.1 kit is a total of $33 for DX shipment.

      > Thanks and 73,
      > Tony KB9YIG

    • Art
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 31, 2006
        At 03:25 AM 12/30/2006, you wrote:
        But that "filter" is going to allow a lot of stuff into the very nonlinear switch, in this case anything from 3.5 to 7.3 MHz, which will include the high power shortwave broadcast band from roughly 5.5 to 6.3 MHz.  I cannot believe that will not cause problems, intermod, desens, etc.

        Bill WA9PWR

        Quite right Bill-a fact that disturbs me, but that others find this issue NOT to be a problem::>

        As a weak signal enthusiast, I have a tremendous problem with tuning down to the noise level and spending a long time listening for a weak signal that isn't even on the band where you THINK you are listening::>

        For my lowfer softrock, I have the front end set to admit only the lowfer band (from 160 to 190 KHz) with the filter attenuating 3 db at 160 and 190 Khz. My filter needs 5 toroids and does not fit on the softrock board, so I have the front end filter mounted on a small breadboard to accommodate the litz wire wound oversized toroids.

        It's large, bulky and heavy, but I feel the bullet proof front end is a necessity, especially since the softrock does not hetrodyne the adjacent band signals out of existence as a typical superhet does.

        With the QSD's response to odd harmonic signals, a sharply tuned front end seems like a necessity to me. Your mileage may vary.

        Regards,

        Art

        PS:I'm not so sure I'd call the switch a non linear element. Although it is an active device, it is far more linear than the best diode detector you could ever hope to build::>