Couple of ensembles etc.

  • n7or
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 15, 2014

      I have two of the ensemble  receivers. I built one, and I also bought one that Tony built. The one that Tony built didn't run very long. The 5 volt rail is pulled to ground somewhere, probably one of the chips in the RF half of the board. I pulled all the caps out and got nowhere, then I gave up.

      I put the one I built online, and it worked quite well for a while. Now it appears to be RF deaf and I really don't care to try and look for the problem.

      I have these, all the left over parts from the 3 kits I have built, and one of the fancy cases for the ensemble. Anyone want it all? I can UPS it to anyone interested in playing with them further. I've lost interest, but maybe someone wants all this stuff?

      Price? Free. DO NOT CONTACT ME DIRECTLY. First person who replies to THIS POST IN THIS YAHOO GROUP with an address in the continental US can have it.

      I'll send it UPS ground on Monday the 18th.

      -Craig N7OR

    • D. Daniel McGlothin KB3MUN
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 15, 2014
        On 8/15/2014 13:30, craig.n7or@... [softrock40] wrote:

        > I have two of the ensemble receivers. I built one, and I also bought
        > one that Tony built. The one that Tony built didn't run very long. The 5
        > volt rail is pulled to ground somewhere, probably one of the chips in
        > the RF half of the board. I pulled all the caps out and got nowhere,
        > then I gave up.
        >
        > I put the one I built online, and it worked quite well for a while. Now
        > it appears to be RF deaf and I really don't care to try and look for the
        > problem.
        >
        > I have these, all the left over parts from the 3 kits I have built, and
        > one of the fancy cases for the ensemble. Anyone want it all? I can UPS
        > it to anyone interested in playing with them further. I've lost
        > interest, but maybe someone wants all this stuff?
        >
        > Price? Free.DO NOT CONTACT ME DIRECTLY. First person who replies to THIS
        > POST IN THIS YAHOO GROUP with an address in the continental US can have it.
        >
        > I'll send it UPS ground on Monday the 18th.
        >
        > -Craig N7OR

        D. Daniel McGlothin KB3MUN
        Control Consultants
        248 B West Second Street
        Waynesboro PA 17268
      • Douglas Luurs
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 15, 2014
          Please I'd like to see if I can get them going.

          Doug

          W8ZUU

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 15, 2014
            Okay. KB3MUN. I'll send it all Monday.
          • n7or
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 15, 2014
              Daniel - KB3MUN,
              Now I hear from Tony. I should have asked for help here instead when I had the thing apart on the bench. Whatever.
              Tony has offered to repair the rx that he built, and then forward it on to you. I'll assume you will take him up on this offfer, so I will send the stuff to him first. Eventually you will get a good working unit and some spare junk and a case for free, which is a very good price. That's all I ever wanted which is why I payed for two of them. Lucky you.
              I'll send everything to Tony on Monday.
              -Craig N7OR
            • lbs983405
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 15, 2014
                Tony is the best!
                73,
                Lee, KC9CDT

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 15, 2014
                  I'll second that .. He's was big help when I was building mine.

                  Doug / W8ZUU

                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 15, 2014
                    Craig,

                    > Daniel - KB3MUN,
                    > Now I hear from Tony. I should have asked for help here instead when I
                    > had the thing apart on the bench. Whatever.
                    > Tony has offered to repair the rx that he built, and then forward it on
                    > to you. I'll assume you will take him up on this offfer, so I will send
                    > the stuff to him first. Eventually you will get a good working unit and
                    > some spare junk and a case for free, which is a very good price. That's
                    > all I ever wanted which is why I payed for two of them. Lucky you.
                    > I'll send everything to Tony on Monday.
                    > -Craig N7OR

                    If you'd rather keep them once repaired, do so. Otherwise I'll take them.

                    Daniel KB3MUN
                  • n7or
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 15, 2014
                      Absolutely not. I offered them for free instead of donating them to the garbage man, and I will follow through.
                      They won't leave Oregon in route to Tony until Tuesday, as I forgot I'm not working Monday.
                      Good luck with whatever you end up with.
                    • videogamencomputerguy
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 15, 2014
                        I'LL TAKE THEM. THANKS MUCH. DAVID CASPER, KI7AH ADDRESS OK ONLINE.31258 COUNTY ROAD 67GRAND RAPIDS, MN 55744 5867
                      • n7or
                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 24, 2014
                          Okay KB3MUN, Tony has shipped them today so enjoy.

                          -N7OR