Softrock Upgraded 30M Lite II

  • caulktel
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 7, 2014
      I was given a Softrock Upgraded 30M Lite II that the guy never got around to building. I don't know where in the evolution of the Softrocks it fits in. I'm building it according to to the instructions here: WB5RVZ - Home - Softrock Lite II RX But it is calling for C08 and C09 as 390PF, however those values are not included in my kit, there are 2 470PF caps in my kit though. Did the values get changed somewhere along the way. Which values should I use? Any ideas?

      Joel
      KB6QVI

    • caulktel
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 7, 2014
        I think I just figured out what's going on. I'm missing the two 390PF caps in my kit and also one of the 4.7Mfd caps. I guess I will have to find them in my junk box. Thanks.

        Joel
        KB6QVI
      • caulktel
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 7, 2014
          Could I subsitute 330pf, I have a bunch of those but no 390's.

          Joel
          KB6QVI
        • R. R. (Robby) Robson
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 7, 2014
            Don't know which kit you had, but here is the schematic and BOM for the original SR Lite (where each band had a separate kit.
            Inline image 1

            Nowhere on this one is a 470pF cap called out.  Only place I see 470 pF is the RXTX (80/40 and 40/30/20).

            The Softrock Lite II Combined calls for 390pF (marking="391) caps as C8 and C9; it is very unusual to get a Softrock kit with a 470pF cap in it since none of the kits that I have documented call out that cap value.

            On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 4:11 PM, caulktel@... [softrock40] <softrock40@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            I was given a Softrock Upgraded 30M Lite II that the guy never got around to building. I don't know where in the evolution of the Softrocks it fits in. I'm building it according to to the instructions here: WB5RVZ - Home - Softrock Lite II RX But it is calling for C08 and C09 as 390PF, however those values are not included in my kit, there are 2 470PF caps in my kit though. Did the values get changed somewhere along the way. Which values should I use? Any ideas?

            Joel
            KB6QVI

            WB5RVZ - Home - Softrock Lite II RX
            Softrock Lite II Home - Softrock Lite II RX Band: 20m (to change the band from 20m, click on the "BAND" tab, above) Introducti...
            Preview by Yahoo

            --
            Cheers,
            Robby