Please, where does HDSDR store its frequency manager settings?

  • Chris Wilson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 18, 2014
      18/07/2014 14:22

      I Googled and saw someone say it's stored as a .csv file in
      ~users\HDSR but here, under Windows 7 64 bit I cannot find ANY file
      relating to HDSDR in ~users\ Can you tell me where it's stored and
      what it's called? I have built a new PC and still have the C: drive
      from the old Windows XP machine that I can access as a bare drive. I
      want to copy the frequency managers I created to my new Win 7 machine.
      Nor can I see any .csv file related to HDSDR on the XP hard drive, yet
      two copies of HDSDR (one for a Softrock HF, one for a VHF/UHF dongle)
      had extensive frequency manager customization. Thanks for reading!

      --
      Best Regards,
      Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY

      ---
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 18, 2014
        > I Googled and saw someone say it's stored as a .csv file in
        > ~users\HDSR but here, under Windows 7 64 bit I cannot find ANY file
        > relating to HDSDR in ~users\ Can you tell me where it's stored and
        > what it's called? I have built a new PC and still have the C: drive
        > from the old Windows XP machine that I can access as a bare drive. I
        > want to copy the frequency managers I created to my new Win 7 machine.
        > Nor can I see any .csv file related to HDSDR on the XP hard drive, yet
        > two copies of HDSDR (one for a Softrock HF, one for a VHF/UHF dongle)
        > had extensive frequency manager customization. Thanks for reading!

        Chris

        My Documents?

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • Chris Wilson
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 18, 2014
          Bless you Alan, yes, on the XP drive that's where the HDSDR/CSV lies!
          And I have just found how to show complet file names with Win7, which
          hellps. All sorted, got my frequency manager showing and two shortcuts
          to two versions of HDSDR. There hasn't been an update for some time, I
          hope the developers are still working with it!

          Thanks again!

          Best Regards,
          Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY (UK)

          ---
        • cc_photo
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 19, 2014
            In XP, try:
             MY DOCUMENTS/HDSDR/CSV.

            Roland, KB8XI
          • Chris Wilson
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 19, 2014
              Thanks, got them both, all sorted now. Bring back the old .ini files,
              that's what I say.... ;)

              Cheers Roland!

              Best Regards,
              Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY (UK)