External Sound card setup help

  • kc5kwz
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2014

      Hello,

      have a Softrock ensemble RXTX connected via an external sound card. Receive is working very well but

      during transmit there is a feed back, I can hear myself thru the speakers on the laptop with a delay. This makes my transmitted audio sound like an echo or an 11meter rig Hi Hi.

      The setup is this.

      Dell laptop running Windows 7. Using PowerSDR-IQ 2.4.4. The only way I get transmit modulation is to turn on the MON. If MON is off then I just hear myself thru the laptop speakers. Also the only way I could get the mic audio to work was to turn on VAC1 and set the input as the mic and the output as the external sound cards output.

      Thanks for any help you guys can give.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 10, 2014
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 10, 2014
          Hi,

          I have the same issue and still can't fix it. I use notebook with USB soundcard. The only one way found now - when I go to TX I mute my speakers using autohotkeys script.

          As I understand, this is a problem for unsupported card.

          More problems with USB soundcard. During RX I can listen I/Q signal from soundcard on out jack. Function "Listen your device" is disabled sure. Then I go from RX to TX I got "hum" effect on very beginning of transmitting. This is a short but big spike from sound card. Very often power amplifier can be overloaded by this spike. How to resolve this - no any ideas for a year or more.

          Andy - YL2QN