attiny85

  • Bud Roeske
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2014
      does the tiny85 supplied in the kits have software preinstalled? I purchased a new one and the computer does not see it. Wondering if the new one is bad out of box. Thanks, in advance for your help.
    • Dave Miller
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2014
        Yes it should be programmed.   I am willing to bet it's not the chip.
        It seems many people have issues with getting communications with PC.  Following the steps in the instructions and trying a different computer seems to get most people up and running.  Have all the tests to that point been within specifications? If I recall diodes in wrong and bad soldering are the normal culprits on the hardware side.  Then there is the software.

        Dave
        VE7PKE

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Jul 3, 2014, at 10:48, "Bud Roeske budroeske@... [softrock40]" <softrock40@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        does the tiny85 supplied in the kits have software preinstalled? I purchased a new one and the computer does not see it. Wondering if the new one is bad out of box. Thanks, in advance for your help.

      • R. R. (Robby) Robson
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2014
          Software is pre-installed

          --
          Cheers,
          Robby

          Richard R. (Robby) Robson
          LTC USA (USA Retired)
        • Bud Roeske

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 4, 2014
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 4, 2014
                If you buy one from Five Dash they will come with the software
                installed to suit the Softrocks. *BUT* if you just go to say RS
                Components, Mouser, or wherever, they will come *unprogrammed*, blank.
                They will need the software installing by someone withwith the correct gear.

                Best Regards,
                Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY (UK)