WebSDR and Softrock

  • Michael Walker
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 13, 2014
      All

      I'm busy setting up a Softrock that Tony built for me for 80M running with WebSDR.

      One simple challenge I have is setting the VFO frequency.  While I can do it from Windows easily enough, is there a simple way to do it from a Linux command line?

      I have found usbsoftrock but getting it to compile has stumped me as I can't get the older version of  libusb-1.0-0-dev installed on my Centos 6 box.

      I guess the simple question is what are others using?

      Mike va3mw
    • joe basque
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 13, 2014

        Mike,

        I use Windows and CFGSR to set the centre freq on some softrocks.
        On others I added a si570 lcd freq controller kit 2.

        It's a simple kit at 25.00

        WWW.qsl.net/k5bcq/Kits/Kits.HTML

        Joe

        Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

        ---- Michael Walker va3mw@... [softrock40] wrote ----

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 13, 2014
            Mike:
              No and no.  Once set, the frequency will stay set until power is removed.  Upon power up, the si570 reverts to its default frequency.

            Dave - WB6DHW
            <http://wb6dhw.com>

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 13, 2014
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 14, 2014
                      Thanks Alan

                      It is key that I don't loose power to this device as it will be remoted and not easy to get to.

                      It is only a receiver, so it shouldn't draw much.

                      thanks