Softrock ensemble txrx with multipsk and WSPR

  • sparxx@btinternet.com
    Message 1 of 85 , May 25, 2014

      I recently obtained a Softrock ensemble tx/rx for 40m and below. I have fiddled about for around three weeks now trying out various versions of software and sound cards etc.

      All versions of PowerSDR seem to be unstable on my win7 pc. I tried many other programs with no joy.

      Eventually I managed to get it going well with HDSDR on SSB with no image issues on tx and rx. The tx frequency is the 'tune' frequency, which is OK.

      I want to try various data modes and WSPR. In both cases things go strange.

      WSPR works with no other software running but gives a big tx image that I can't null out.

      Multipsk tx will work but only if I run HDSDR at the same time. The tx image can be reduced greatly. For some reason the tx frequency becomes the same as the central spike/LOa which would make rx impossible.

      I have two external USB sound cards available and one internal one.

      Is there an obvious solution?

    • MIKE DURKIN
      Message 85 of 85 , Aug 3, 2014
        Who was it that edited the sdr go firmware ... I'd like to pass all that it can ..