RXTX Ready to go!

  • kb7rqq
    Message 1 of 8 , May 22 9:19 AM
      Finished up my RXTX Ensemble last week and it appears to be working great! Have it on the air with HDSDR for now.  I don't have a qrp wattmeter so all tests were done with the big HF radio next to me on the bench and it seems strong. built an LPF for 40m last night and packed everything up in my over-sized laptop bag.  Leaving tonight for our trailer up on Lake Merwin, WA. near Mt. St. Helen's.  I'm hoping the 1300' elevation, a dipole I junked together last night, and some fishing weights launched into the trees will get me heard on 7.285.  I'll be fishing Kokanee on Merwin during the days and fishing 40m qrp in the evenings PST.  Hope to catch somebody.

      73, Todd KB7RQQ

    • MIKE DURKIN
      Message 2 of 8 , May 22 10:01 AM
        and try 7.2685 around noon ....

        Mike KC7NOA

        To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
        From: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 16:19:16 +0000
        Subject: [softrock40] RXTX Ready to go!

        Finished up my RXTX Ensemble last week and it appears to be working great! Have it on the air with HDSDR for now.  I don't have a qrp wattmeter so all tests were done with the big HF radio next to me on the bench and it seems strong. built an LPF for 40m last night and packed everything up in my over-sized laptop bag.  Leaving tonight for our trailer up on Lake Merwin, WA. near Mt. St. Helen's.  I'm hoping the 1300' elevation, a dipole I junked together last night, and some fishing weights launched into the trees will get me heard on 7.285.  I'll be fishing Kokanee on Merwin during the days and fishing 40m qrp in the evenings PST.  Hope to catch somebody.

        73, Todd KB7RQQ

      • KOCHEIS
        Message 3 of 8 , May 22 7:37 PM
          what did you use for an external sound for your laptop? I'm trying to get mine setup.

          thanks,
          James
        • KF5ULI
          Message 4 of 8 , May 22 8:45 PM
            i still cant get mine set up

            --
            Angi
            Amatuer Radio Operator

            FRBG Breeding Services, Specalizing in the problem and hard to breed does, In Arkansas and Missouri
            AI services for Caprine, Cervid, Cattle, Sheep,
            AI Classes in Caprine, In Ar and surrounding states

          • kb7rqq
            Message 5 of 8 , May 26 8:11 PM

              Got mine running with this on my laptop.  It tested pretty well on one of the softrock sites and was pretty cheap.  It's only 96khz so I'd recommend something better.. but the price is great and it's small and easy with win7.

              I'll be buying a better usb sound device.  I have an Alesis IO-26 that I use for recording that would be great... just not portable enough for me.

              what did you use for an external sound for your laptop? I'm trying to get mine setup.

              thanks,
              James

            • JAMES WELCH
              Message 6 of 8 , May 27 7:22 PM
                can you let me know what you end up buying for usb sound?  Also, were you able to transmit that that device as well?

                Thanks for any help,
                James

                Message 7 of 8 , May 28 1:10 PM
                  I made three contacts since putting it on the air and this little USB stick works just fine.  I have an older Tascam US-122L that I got working too.  I'm fortunate to have a ham several blocks away that I've been able to get on the air with.  He's super impressed with this little rig.  I did just order a Presonus Audiobox USB for $120 that I will dedicate to this radio.  I'll let you know how it works.

                  Todd KB7RQQ

                  Message 8 of 8 , May 29 8:08 AM
                    Thanks Todd!