SDR Softrock Ensemble RXTX 40/30/20 with Winlink Email

  • aaron.junik
    Message 1 of 3 , May 10, 2014
      I wounder if it is possible to use the SDR radio together with Winlink software using WINMOR sound card protocol. Perhaps connecting another computer to the sound card? if yes, how to control the PTT. If anybody has any comments on this subject, it would be greatly appreciated.
      Thank you

      Aaron
      KB2ZGA

      Message 2 of 3 , May 10, 2014
        Message 3 of 3 , May 12, 2014
          Aaron;
              you might want to try something like WSPR first that natively supports the Softrocks.  You can bring up a map once it's operating and see who has heard your signal.  http://wsprnet.org/drupal/wsprnet/map  If you scroll down, you can filter the map by band and call sign to see your own paths that are open.  Don't forget to uncheck the idle box to allow transmit.  Be patient while it does it's thing.  You can watch the small waterfall and see if there are any signals coming in.

          WSPR 2.1 includes these enhancements: Support for software-defined receivers and transceivers that use complex (I-Q) sampling, such as the popular SoftRock kits.

          I also use http://www.thinkman.com/dimension4/default.htm to sync my PC clock accurately.

          73 Steve, KM5HT