Help with PowerSDR please

  • lbs983405
    Message 1 of 14 , May 5, 2014
      I want to give PowerSDR a try.
      I have the SR TXRX Ensemble on 80/40.
      I use W7 Pro on a HP i5 laptop.

      I am confused as I have a version of PowerSDR installed (2.4.4) From the Flex site , then 2 files were copied in (help from another ham on-line using team viewer). I don't see anywhere to config the XMIT??? (No where to assign Mic input etc)

      I see several versions on several sites.

      Which one is recommended for what I want to do??
      And is there a place to guide me through the install/config??

      Many thanks...
      Lee

      Lee Simmonds
      Summit DCS LLC

      260-799-4077 Office
      260-403-6936 Cell
    • runner57us

        Message 3 of 14 , May 5, 2014
          John,
          Thanks...no matter what I do I can NOT get to that page on his site from any where on his new or old site! ...must be something is broken on the web site...BUT If I just use the link you gave it works fine.

          Well...no help as that is the version I had installed and there is no way there to make the TXRX TRANSMIT??

          Any one out there have the SR TXRX Ensemble working SSB, CW, DIGITAL with the PowerSDR????
          I am using a SB SBX USB Sound Card (non-supported card)

          Thanks,
          Lee

          Message 4 of 14 , May 6, 2014

            Lee,

            Make sure you have ABF unchecked in CFGSR for the RXTX. The steps in the link provided will work for you. As an alternate, GSDR from Genesis will work also. http://www.genesisradio.com.au/GSDR/new/ This will allow you to adjust RX and TX image for each band. It is a stand alone program that doesn't install to your hard drive. You can have as many instances as you need. ie: one for RX ensemble and one for RXTX.

            73, Stew

            KF5KOG

          • lbs983405
            Message 5 of 14 , May 6, 2014
              Stew,
              I checked...the ABPF is UN-checked...remember this works for RX & TX on HDSDR.

              I followed the link to a tee...RX works...I see no way to do TX???

              Have you used the SR TXRX Ensemble with the POWERSDR?
              What could I be missing...

              Message 6 of 14 , May 6, 2014

                Lee,

                When you select TUN button does radio transmit?  If RX is working then TX should work unless RX only is checked on General set up tab.

                73, Stew

                KF5KOG

              • lbs983405
                Message 7 of 14 , May 6, 2014
                  Stew,
                  Well yes the radio goes to xmit and the display shows a signal out...but nothing out of the radio as to RF...
                  Also, how does it know which audio input for the Mic??

                  73,
                  Lee

                  Lee Simmonds
                  Summit DCS LLC

                  260-799-4077 Office
                  260-403-6936 Cell

                  Message 8 of 14 , May 6, 2014
                    I do hear a very weak carrier on my TT Orion II when I go to tune...but nothing really much going out.
                    No spike on the display on the spec scope on Orion either.
                    My 20 watt watt meter does not even giggle. I turned the drive all the way up to 100 in Powersdr as well

                    Lee Simmonds
                    Summit DCS LLC

                    260-799-4077 Office
                    260-403-6936 Cell

                    Message 9 of 14 , May 7, 2014

                      Lee,

                      First you need to set audio output voltage.  Under PSDR audio setting you will see a "test" button.  Connect a volt meter to tip and shield of sound card output cable.  Set volt meter to AC scale and press "test"  the number you get on the meter needs to be entered into the block.  Voltage can be between .7 to 2.3volts.  Usually in the 1 volt range.  If your getting very low volts then something is wrong with audio setting in windows.

                      On the PA Tab you will see Gain by band settings.  48 is center, lower numbers more gain or more power.  Once you can attain 1W output using TUN then you can move onto other modes.  I have not used a MIC with softrock so I'm not much help there.

                      73, Stew

                      KF5KO

                    • lbs983405
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 7, 2014
                        Stew,
                        I have the TXRX Ensemble with a USB SBX Pro studio 5.1 sound card.
                        W7, CW key plugged in. The laptop has stereo MIC and Stereo Speaker output (headphone)
                        So there is 2 stereo sound cards here.

                        I worked with a Ham that has lots of experience with SDR TXRX and Peaberry's.
                        We could not find a way to make this setup work!

                        We find no way to get audio in to the radio from any of the sound card options.

                        ALSO the PA page on PowerSDR is BLANK...Notta!

                         IF someone has this setup working I would like to hear from them as it seems this is not going to work???

                        Thanks again for the help...
                        What is your EXACT setup there that is working???

                        Lee

                        Lee Simmonds
                        Summit DCS LLC

                        260-799-4077 Office
                        260-403-6936 Cell

                        Message 11 of 14 , May 9, 2014
                          Lee,

                          All working near fine for me, except some details. While Xi-Fi is not supported card for PowerSDR, some features will not work for you. One of them is TUN button. Use CWX from menu and TUNE from opened window to have carrier transmit.

                          If you need any additional information, please let me know.

                          Regards,

                          Andy - YL2QN

                        • lbs983405
                          Message 12 of 14 , May 9, 2014
                            Andy,
                            Thanks for the reply.
                            Exactly which sound card (Sound Blaster) are you using?
                            Did you use the drive that came on the CD to install it?

                            Mine is a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 PRO (SBX Pro Studio) USB sound card (Just got it new last month)

                            Thanks,
                            Lee

                            Lee Simmonds
                            Summit DCS LLC

                            260-799-4077 Office
                            260-403-6936 Cell

                            Message 13 of 14 , May 9, 2014
                              Andy,
                              Also, What do you mean by original sound blaster drivers for sound card??
                              Thanks,
                              Lee

                              Lee Simmonds
                              Summit DCS LLC

                              260-799-4077 Office
                              260-403-6936 Cell

                              Message 14 of 14 , May 9, 2014
                                Lee,

                                looks like we use the same card. In my page I have an error with sound card name like "Xi-Fi". Will correct later. Original drivers - this is drivers come from Sound Blaster website or CD (not from Microsoft update). Do not install any additional software from CD. You need have only drivers.

                                Configuration described by me works well not only with X-Fi sound card. You can configure this way any unsupported card.

                                Regards,
                                Andy - YL2QN