Softrock TXRX, using PowerSDR, no RX mute?

  • lbs983405
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2014
      Hi Gang...
      I am using a Softrock TXRX Ensemble, W7 laptop.
      Everything works correct with HDSDR.

      So, Yesterday with some good help(Thanks Jim)  I got PowerSDR installed & running.
      I was told that I will not have RX mute unless I do it with my own haerdwae (relay)??
      Anyone already done this that could shard how to do it??

      Also, Will the paddle connection work for CW on the SR with PowerSDR...or do I have to switch to rocky to do CW.

      Thanks Much.
      73,
      Lee

    • bill.bathgate
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2014
        Lee,

        With regards to your first question, I have no idea what you are talking about, RX Mute? A Relay?
        I have never had to fuss with any added hardware with the RXTX other than you may need a second sound card to transmit.

        With regards to your second question, yes you can use a paddle. When you select CWU ot CWL an operation panel pops up in a rectangle to the left of the filter bandwidth selections. here you can specify Iambic or not and select if you want a side tone and display the TX CW frequency. I hope that helps.

        I abandoned HDSDR and Rocky long ago after I went to Power SDR.
        Bill
        KD8IGK
      • lbs983405
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2014
          Bill,
          OK...well, I'm beginning to think I have the wrong PowerSDR installed.
          It is 2.4.4 (from the Fles site) then copied a couple files in.

          Is there a site that will take me through a PowerSDR install for the TXRX??
          I do have a second (built in sound card) My primary is the SBX USB 5.1 card.

          Thanks,
          Lee

          Lee Simmonds
          Summit DCS LLC

          260-799-4077 Office
          260-403-6936 Cell

          Message 4 of 4 , May 7, 2014
            Hi Lee,

            If you told about RX mute during transmission, I have the same issues with my similar setup - Ensemble RXTX, SBX USB 5.1. I found only one way to resolve this without additional hardware using additional keys mapping with AutoHotKeys software.

            My script looks like:

            ; Mute + Toggle PTT. For SSB ONLY while VOX not working
            ;
            \::  ; this key used to switch PTT and mute speaker during transpittion
            SendInput, {Volume_Mute} ; mute speaker
            ;ControlSend,,{vkADsc120} ; Fn+mute ;alternate command to mute speaker
            ControlSend, ,^m,PowerSDR  v1.19.3.15  SV1EIA ; send PTT command to PowerSDR
            return

            The commands to mute speaker can vary from PC used. Above commands works well with Dell laptop's.

            Regards,
            Andy -