Xtal for [40m] SoftRock Lite II Combined RX

  • roger_mccarty
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 27 11:43 AM
      Prepping for the LO step and hit a snag.

      Instructions call for HC49US-28.224MABJ-UB which is not included.

      Kit included:

      RADIAL
      T18.730 which I think is for 20m
      13.5C3Y which I think is for 30m
      ECSR73ENX which I think is for 160m
      28.2C85 ???

      AXIAL? or will I need to just bend the pins?
      A140-G2Z

      Do I have what I need or is there an inventory issue?

      Thanks

      Roger

    • Tony Parks
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 27 3:17 PM
        Hi Roger,

        The 28.2C85 crystal is the 28.224 MHz crystal that will give a 40m center frequency of about 7.056 MHz.  There should have also been a crystal for 80m, an SMT crystal of 14.089 MHz to give a center frequency of about 3.522 MHz.  The 14.089 MHz crystal can be mounted by first soldering leads to the SMT pads of the crystal, however, with care the little crystal SMT tabs can be bent out so that the crystal can be mounted radially.

        Hope the kit build goes well.

        --
        Tony Parks
        kb9yig@...

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 27 7:50 PM
          Thanks Tony

          I've now got working LO output at 28.2226 MHz!  So far, so good.

          Roger
        • Fernando Krouwel
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 29 4:58 AM
            Hi Tony, good morning:

            How to "decode" these xtal frequencies marking , like 28.2C85 (it does not appear to be in Hex format)?

            73' s
            Fernando - PY2FZU

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 29 6:39 AM
              Hi Fernando,

              Must be a manufacturer's part number.

              Hope the kit build goes well for you and sorry about the guess work on the crystal identification.

              --
              Tony Parks
              kb9yig@...