Ensamble RXTX Bandwidth

  • danadkin
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 22, 2014
      Hi I have finished the rx part of the project (Ensamble RXTX) and it is working ... sort of.
      I have built it for the 40/30/20 bands.
      I can only receive the data part of 20m band. I cannot move the section of band i am receiving to any other part of the 20m band or change to 40m or 30m. Where do I start to find out what i have done wrong.
    • EB4APL
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 22, 2014
        It seems that you are not controlling the Si570 oscillator. Which program are you using, Rocky perhaps? If yes, you have to configure it to use several center frequencies / bands.
        Other programs like HDSDR, SDR# or SDR-Console handle this directly from the control panel and are continuous coverage but mostly are receive only.

        73 de Ignacio EB4APL

        On 22/03/2014 12:56, digitaldan@... wrote:

        Hi I have finished the rx part of the project (Ensamble RXTX) and it is working ... sort of.
        I have built it for the 40/30/20 bands.
        I can only receive the data part of 20m band. I cannot move the section of band i am receiving to any other part of the 20m band or change to 40m or 30m. Where do I start to find out what i have done wrong.

        _

      • danadkin
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 22, 2014
          HI Thank you for replying.
          Im using HDSDR and SDR#.
          I can see a screen full of rtty psk cw etc. I have ported the audio into HRD and can read the data modes. I can move around in HDSDR or SDR# what i can see on the screen but i cannot move out of the band to receive any other band than the segment on the screen.
          Dan
          M0HOW
        • lbs983405
          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 22, 2014
            Have to tried going to the freq. select window and just keying in the freq. you want?
            73,
            Lee

              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 23, 2014
                Hi
                Yes, The LED is on and when i go to the tune tab i can change the frequency in the programm but it does not change the portion of the  band that i can see in HDSDR.
                Dan
                M0HOW
              • Steve Arntz
                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 23, 2014
                  Dan;
                      I am running HDSDR ver 2.51 on WIN 7 64 bit.  Under "Options/Select Input" do you have "SoftRock Si570" checked?

                  Also if I click the ExtIO button in HDSDR to bring up the PE0FKO config utility and click the Tune Tab, I can see the local oscillator frequency.  If I change the LO freq in HDSDR the freq in the utility follows along.  As I change the LO frequency in HDSDR, the portion of the bandwidth I see changes.  Changing the freq in the PE0FKO config utility makes HDSDR change too.  Both pieces of software work together.  Hope this helps.

                  73 Steve, KM5HT
                • danadkin
                  Message 8 of 18 , Mar 23, 2014
                    Hi Steve.
                    Yes the option/selection input is ticked. It wasnt before I copied the dll into the correct folder when first setting up the programme. I can click on the EXTIO button and from there I have tried in the tune section of PEOFKO config utility to change the frequency but it changes the value but does not change frequency of HDSDR or its output.
                    Dan
                    M0HOW

                  • Steve Arntz
                    Message 9 of 18 , Mar 24, 2014
                      Dan;
                          have you done the INIT in the CFGSR utility.  http://pe0fko.nl/CFGSR/   Are you running windows 7 or XP?  Check device manager to see if the computer recognizes the USB device.

                         Here are the install instructions for the utility and driver.  http://pe0fko.nl/SR-V9-Si570/index.shtml#install

                         Here is another great resource for problems with the Si570  https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/attiny_usb

                         Check the end pins of the Si570 for solder problems.  I had one bridge on me.  A 7x magnifer works good for this  http://www.wb5rvz.org/ensemble_rxtx/03_lo#downloadandinstallsoftwareanddrivers

                      73 Steve, KM5HT
                    • Chris Wilson
                      Message 10 of 18 , Mar 24, 2014
                        I know it can be a pain, but sometimes taking the time to grab and
                        post links to screen shots of each page of the setup pages for the
                        ExtIO can be useful, someone may spot an error.

                        Best Regards,
                        Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY (UK)
                      • KF5ULI

                          Message 12 of 18 , Mar 24, 2014
                            Mine I'm using flex radios program, and it won't switch out of 40 and won't go through the band and won't let me change to 20,30 tony built it and tested it just don't know what s up it's
                            Angi
                            Ps it's frustrating

                            Sent from my iPad

                              Message 14 of 18 , Mar 24, 2014
                                What is different on your setup when it worked OK....vs now??
                                Same computer? Have you changed any software?

                                73,
                                Lee
                                Lee Simmonds
                                Summit DCS LLC

                                260-799-4077 Office
                                260-403-6936 Cell

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Mar 24, 2014
                                      The only PowerSDR that runs the Softrock correctly is the v2.4.4 one built by Christos that has a modified set of components. Is that the one you are running?

                                      Here is the download location and the instructions on how to install/modify it...

                                      https://code.google.com/p/powersdr-iq/downloads/list

                                      John

                                      --

                                      John Williams

                                      KE5SSH - ham since 2007
                                      WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Mar 25, 2014
                                        >When I click on ExtIO it says no hardware specific ExtIO-DLL found. So where would I find this and put it in,

                                        This is HDSDR?
                                        The pdf "Instructions" here http://fivedash.com/ is not particularly good but it tells you what to do with the dll.
                                        Best look at the HDSDR site which, among other useful things takes you to my HDSDR instructions.
                                        https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/installing-and-using-hdsdr

                                        Keep to HDSDR for a start let us know what happens.

                                        73 Alan G4ZFQ