Suggestions for an amp to use with my SR RXTX?

  • lbs983405
    Message 1 of 107 , Jan 22, 2014
      Hello everyone,
      Being a vintage equipment nut I thought I would never like this SDR thing...WRONG!
      This is cool and I'm on my way now.

      My goal is in the next couple months to get my SR RXTX (Built by Tony) on the air, hooked to my Alpha and operating 40M with the gang on 7138 and DXing.

      So here is some questions.

      1) I saw somewhere that I could upgrademy RXTX  to 5 watts out?? How?
      2) What is a rally good available amp to get to get me to 20 watts or so? a Kit is fine. Then at 20 watts I can get 1,000 out of the Alpha.
      Or I would be open to a 50 watt amp so I can drive my Drake L-4B.
      3) What else do I need to get/do to accomplish my goal? AMP keying? Antenna switching? etc.

      Thanks,
      Lee
      Lee Simmonds
      Summit DCS LLC

      260-799-4077 Office
      260-403-6936 Cell
    • lbs983405
      Message 107 of 107 , Mar 28, 2014
        Jim,
        My Hardrock with pre-amp is on it's way today (shipped)
        2 Things please.
        1) How hard is it going to be to wind all the coils? What is the details on getting pre-wound coils?
        2) I have a alpha 91b amp I want to hook up to the Softrock TXRX - Hardrock setup. I will only need 15-20 watts out of the HR.
        With this setup, how do I go about the amp switching?
        The Alpha today works well with the Ten-tec Orion II I have.

        Looking forward to getting the kit and getting it on-the-air!

        Thanks,
        Lee