Suggestions for an amp to use with my SR RXTX?
- Hello everyone,Being a vintage equipment nut I thought I would never like this SDR thing...WRONG!This is cool and I'm on my way now.My goal is in the next couple months to get my SR RXTX (Built by Tony) on the air, hooked to my Alpha and operating 40M with the gang on 7138 and DXing.So here is some questions.1) I saw somewhere that I could upgrademy RXTX to 5 watts out?? How?2) What is a rally good available amp to get to get me to 20 watts or so? a Kit is fine. Then at 20 watts I can get 1,000 out of the Alpha.Or I would be open to a 50 watt amp so I can drive my Drake L-4B.3) What else do I need to get/do to accomplish my goal? AMP keying? Antenna switching? etc.Thanks,LeeLee SimmondsSummit DCS LLC260-799-4077 Office260-403-6936 Cell
- Jim,My Hardrock with pre-amp is on it's way today (shipped)2 Things please.1) How hard is it going to be to wind all the coils? What is the details on getting pre-wound coils?2) I have a alpha 91b amp I want to hook up to the Softrock TXRX - Hardrock setup. I will only need 15-20 watts out of the HR.With this setup, how do I go about the amp switching?The Alpha today works well with the Ten-tec Orion II I have.Looking forward to getting the kit and getting it on-the-air!Thanks,Lee-----Original Message-----
From: jim.veatch <jim.veatch@...>
To: softrock40 <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Tue, Jan 28, 2014 2:38 pm
Subject: Re: [softrock40] RE: Suggestions for an amp to use with my SR RXTX?
Yes that's a problem, we don't actually have any at the moment. We've made some improvements and are in the process of producing another 200 amplifier kits which will be available for pre-order in the next few weeks and shipping in early March. I have the prototype up and running on my bench right now. The lastest improvements are:
1. FCC Type Acceptance - the HR50 meets or exceeds FCC spectral purity requirements.
2. Fully machined enclosure - no drilling required.
3. Transceiver interface ready - plug and play with KX3, Flex-1500, Softrock ...
4. Diode T/R switch (QSK) option.
5. RG-316 coax for jumpers instead of RG-174.
6. Pre-wound toroid kits available.
We've included lots of input from builders to make it an enjoyable kit.