Audigy 2 zs

  • g1fjh
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 5, 2014
      Has anyone got this sound card to work with Ensamble rxtx. I can receive fine but I can't see how to select the mike input in the mixer as line in is selected for receive ?? I have installed ASIOforall. I also have on other sound card installed but not selected. The Audigy 2 card is selected as default. Perhaps I'm trying to do somthing that's not possible?Cheers for any ideas! Paul
    • John Greusel
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 5, 2014
        Paul,
        Which program are you using?
        Usually you need two sound cards and no mixer.
        One card for mic and audio and one card to IQ in and out. Use your better card for IQ and the lesser one for audio. The IQ card must have a stereo input.

        John
        KC9OJV

        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 5, 2014

          I don't have the answer you were looking for, but just in case you
          want to check out the Audigy 2 itself, there's some diagnostic
          software available on the Creative web site.  The software
          works great on my Audigy 2.  Google.

          Charlie

          On 05 Jan 2014 15:24:45 -0800 <g1fjh@...> writes:

          Has anyone got this sound card to work with Ensamble rxtx. I can receive fine but I can't see how to select the mike input in the mixer as line in is selected for receive ?? I have installed ASIOforall. I also have on other sound card installed but not selected. The Audigy 2 card is selected as default. Perhaps I'm trying to do somthing that's not possible? Cheers for any ideas! Paul

        • Adam Jacobs
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 6, 2014
            Hi Paul,
              I've had great luck with these soundcards and am a big fan. However, I've only ever used them under Windows XP for amateur radio. You don't say what operating system you are using; the Audigy 2 ZS is not officially supported under Vista/7 (requires 3rd party drivers). I don't know how good those 3rd party drivers are for anything besides playing MP3's.
            I'm suspecting that your biggest problem is ASIO. Try it with just the regular windows audio pipes. I've never had any luck with ASIO on any soundcard.

            -73 Adam W7QI

            On 1/5/2014 3:24 PM, g1fjh@... wrote:

            Has anyone got this sound card to work with Ensamble rxtx. I can receive fine but I can't see how to select the mike input in the mixer as line in is selected for receive ?? I have installed ASIOforall. I also have on other sound card installed but not selected. The Audigy 2 card is selected as default. Perhaps I'm trying to do somthing that's not possible? Cheers for any ideas! Paul

          • Bill Davis
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 6, 2014
                I have been following this thread for a while. I can't get Rocky to run at 96khz with Win 7 using the Delta 44. After a few posts at the end of the year I purchased a Audigy 2 board on ebay. Have not tried ASIO yet, but I have had no luck using the Audigy 2 at all. Briefly had it running at 48Khz with old driver, after loading the (Win7) driver off of the Creative site, I can't even get that to work any longer. Anything wider than 48Khz is met with a (not supported error message) I pulled the Delta 44 and still no luck. I use a softrock for a panadapter on my K3 and 96Khz is required to see enough bandwidth for it to even be usable. (Operating freq is 24Khz above the center freq of  Rocky) Really frustrating ... Sure need to move to Win7 with XP support going away.

                Really prefer Rocky over ALL other software  for the SoftRocks. The Ensembles have been great fun at 100mw or 200mw on WSPR. (Delta 44 sound card)

              73  Bill  K0AWU

              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 6, 2014
                A few comments:

                1) The Audigy 2 does not support 96khz. You need the "Audigy 2 ZS". The original "Audigy 2" is 48khz board.

                2) The Audigy line of soundcards isn't really supported under Windows 7. Originally, they were XP only until a 3rd party developer released Vista/7 drivers for the cards. Creative sent a C&D to the dev, there was much community negative reaction, then Creative added Win7 driver support (possibly with the 3rd party dev's help, probably not). I've never tried the Creative win7 driver, only the 3rd party one.
                Try this:

                http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=697079

                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 6, 2014
                  Thanks Charlie it's worth checking out I guess
                • g1fjh
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 6, 2014
                    Sorry John I should have said, I am trying to use it on Power SDR as it is listed in the supported cards, and I belive that you should be able to use just the one card in this aplication. I can get it to work ok in HDSDR when using it alongside another sound card.
                  • g1fjh
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 6, 2014
                      Hi Adam, I am also using XP. Power SDR requires me to install AISO4all, so that's what I have done. But as you say I'm not sure that it's doing what it should.
                    • g1fjh
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 6, 2014
                        That doesn't sound to bad, mine is the ZS board and I'm still using XP. But does anyone know if when using PSDR should I be able to do everything ( line in out mike spk) with the one card? My friend is using a delta 44 with PSDR and no other cards? I can see how two inputs can function when the windows mixer only allows me to sect one at a time?? Am I trying to do somthing that can't be done? It's just Thant in PSDR you can't easily select two sound cards without messing about in the VAC options Sorry just can't seem to get my head around this.
                      • Adam Jacobs
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 6, 2014
                          Ah, if you're using PowerSDR then you're on your own. :) I was never able to have any success with it. I prefer HDSDR.

                          -73 W7QI Adam

                          Message 12 of 13 , Jan 6, 2014
                            Subject: [softrock40] RE: Audigy 2 zs

                            > Sorry John I should have said, I am trying to use it on Power SDR as it is listed in the supported cards, and I belive that you
                            > should be able to use just the one card in this aplication. I can get it to work ok in HDSDR when using it alongside another sound
                            > card.

                            Why not use PSDR like you do HDSDR?
                            It is not possible to use one card for speech modes, only digital. The Delta 44 IS two cards in one.
                            You do not have to use ASIO, but if you can it might be better.
                            The VAC tab is nothing special, just the selection for the second card.

                            73 Alan G4ZFQ
                          • John Greusel
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jan 6, 2014

                               I believe I have that card and it didn't work for me as a "supported card" either.
                              I think the Delta 44 is the only single card (4 channel card) that works and is supported by PSDR for Softrocks as Alan has said. If you really want to use that Audigy card try making it your IQ card and use your internal card for audio. 4 channel cards are mostly used for studio recording and are not common consumer grade products so not really a good alternative to using inexpensive cards such as the Creative Labs Soundblasters. The Delta 44 is an exception as you can find them used occasionally.

                              John
                              KC9OJV