Re: [softrock40] RE: M-Audio Revolution 7.1 Sound Card

  • Zack Widup
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 9, 2013
      I'm not sure what your budget will allow but the Soundblaster X-Fi SB1095 is great.

      73, Zack W9SZ

      On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM, <dave@...> wrote:

      I need soundcard for my laptop anyone give me any options for sound cards but I am on a tight budget

    • MICHAEL TALLENT
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 9, 2013
        I would agree, especially when you make these modifications.

        Mike  W6MXV

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 9, 2013
          Hi Aaron,

          I use the M-audio Revolution for several years now and I like it very much.
          I has low noise and low spur levels.
          During installation in W7 32 or 64bits I had to disable the firewall and virus scanner. At a certain point during installation the pc was restarted. To finish installation I had to tell the pc to search for new hardware in the control panel.
          I think I have a comparison between the Revolution 7.1 and the onboard audio chip somewhere. I will have a look tomorrow.

          Best regards,

          Gerhard

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, <slickjimmy76@...> wrote:

          > Who of you have this card and how do you like it? I'm partial to hdsdr but have not found a lot of info on how well the two play together. I know there are better options for sound cards but I am on a tight budget & this looks like a fair go between. All the best! Aaron

        • Zack Widup
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 9, 2013
            Yes, I did those mods and they improved it quite a bit.

            73, Zack W9SZ

            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 10, 2013
              Thank you for the input I think I'm going to give the Rev 7.1 a try. They can be found on flea bay for $35-50