Re: [softrock40] CAT Control with PowerSDR for Homemade Rigs

  • Stew KF5KOG
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 8, 2013

      73, Stew
      KF5KOG
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Richard <rchrdm@...>
      To: softrock40 <softrock40@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Mon, Oct 7, 2013 11:13 pm
      Subject: RE: RE: RE: [softrock40] CAT Control with PowerSDR for Homemade Rigs

      Thanks for the information.  I tried to go through this just to learn how it works, and the meter is pretty cool.

      However, I got confused at the DDutil setup screen.  The version I downloaded does not look like the screen in the instructions.  Also, with vspMgr, the selections for computer emulation do not include XP SP3, as in the instructions, just XP SP2.

      I don't really understand yet how to use these programs.

      Will this allow me to control (preferably two way) my radio (Yaesu FT-900) with PowerSDR for Homemade rigs?

      Can someone describe the setup for me?

      For example, I have a Prolific port emulator that allows me to connect a USB cable to the CAT control on my radio.  It typically shows up as COM5.  Can I use this?  (I uninstalled it as part of the vspMrg install process.

      Richard

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 8, 2013

        Thanks!

        Richard