RX Ensemble with TS-590

  • bartbrummans
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2013
      Been playing with the Ensemble and its working just fine (using it for a pan-adapter), I have it sharing the antenna with the TS-590 on receive, On tx of the 590, the Ensemble is disconnected and the antenna input grounded.

      Here's the issue. The TS-590 is picking up the Ensembles oscilating ( center frequency)
      I'm wondering if anyone here has had the same issue and how was it resolved?

      Is it possible to set a center frequency in the Ensemble based on the tuned frequency + offset?

      Thnks...Bart (b.brummans@...)
    • Richard Mogford
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2013
      • 1 Attachment
      • 14 KB

      I just built a little relay box to disconnect the Ensemble II RX from the main antenna.  See attachment.  I have not yet noticed the center frequency pickup, but may not know to look for it.  What frequency is it?

      Circuit diagram of relay box attached.

      Richard

      Message 3 of 4 , Oct 7, 2013

        > Been playing with the Ensemble and its working just fine (using it for a pan-adapter), I have it sharing the antenna with the
        > TS-590 on receive, On tx of the 590, the Ensemble is disconnected and the antenna input grounded.
        > Here's the issue. The TS-590 is picking up the Ensembles oscilating ( center frequency)
        > I'm wondering if anyone here has had the same issue and how was it resolved?
        >

        > Is it possible to set a center frequency in the Ensemble based on the tuned frequency + offset?

        Bart

        The normal way (well, the way I use!) is to receive on the SDR and synchronise when the transceiver is required.
        HDSDR has several methods to do this.
        If you want dual receive then the SDR centre will have to be avoided.
        A Softrock always has a LO signal at it's antenna connection and if the same antenna is used it will be fairly strong on another
        receiver.
        A hybrid splitter might reduce this by 20dB, a carefully setup buffer like the Z10000 could almost eliminate it.

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • Chris Wilson
        Message 4 of 4 , Oct 8, 2013
          Re: [softrock40] RX Ensemble with TS-590

          > Been playing with the Ensemble and its working just fine (using it for a pan-adapter), I have it sharing the antenna with the
          > TS-590 on receive, On tx of the 590, the Ensemble is disconnected and the antenna input grounded.
          > Here's the issue. The TS-590 is picking up the Ensembles oscilating ( center frequency)
          > I'm wondering if anyone here has had the same issue and how was it resolved?
          >

          > Is it possible to set a center frequency in the Ensemble based on the tuned frequency + offset?

          Bart

          The normal way (well, the way I use!) is to receive on the SDR and synchronise when the transceiver is required.
          HDSDR has several methods to do this.
          If you want dual receive then the SDR centre will have to be avoided.
          A Softrock always has a LO signal at it's antenna connection and if the same antenna is used it will be fairly strong on another
          receiver.
          A hybrid splitter might reduce this by 20dB, a carefully setup buffer like the Z10000 could almost eliminate it.

          73 Alan G4ZFQ

          08/10/2013 10:05

          The Z10000 buffer eliminates the LO signal to the extent I have nver been aware of it with my Softrock RX Ensemble as a second receiver, tracking with my 590. The Z10000 is built into the inside of the 590. I use a single antenna. Works very well indeed!

          --
                 Best Regards,
                             Chris Wilson.   2E0ILY