Re: [softrock40] RX Ensemble Torrid Question

  • Curt Carpenter
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2013
      I had a similar issue. In my case, the microcomputer IC was for some reason not making good contact with its socket.  If I removed the IC and reinserted it, the problem would go away.  After doing this a number of times, the problem seems to have gone away permanently for me.  The problem could be in my soldering of socket to board, a problem on the board, a problem with the socket or even a problem with the MCU.  Anyway, you might give it a try there.

      Regards,
      Curt

      On 10/6/2013 1:18 AM, Richard Mogford wrote:

      Tony

      I am getting an intermittent output from the Ensemble II RX, I think.  Sometimes the band on the PowerSDR shows no input.  When I move the Ensemble box around, it comes back, like there is an intermittent open circuit.

      I notice that the stereo “Line Out” jack on the Ensemble box seems kind of loose.  That is, I can waggle the stereo plug around a bit.  However, I am not sure what the problem is.  I don’t want to do anything to the Ensemble board without talking to you.

      Richard