Re: [softrock40] Hardware Question RX Ensemble II

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2013
      Subject: [softrock40] Hardware Question RX Ensemble II

      >I just ordered 2 of the Softrock RX Ensemble II kits and a Delta 44
      >Interface module. What I intend to do is make a LF version and an HF
      >version mounted in the same box along with the Delta 44 interface, leave
      >off the jacks and hardwire the inputs. I'd like to hook on receiver to the
      >1/2 input and the other to the 3/4 inputs. Each receiver will have it's own
      >power switch, antenna and USB port and I intend to only use one or the
      >other at a time. Will most of the software be able to handle this or will I
      >need to rig up some sort of solid state switching and use only the 1/2
      >input?

      I’m not sure anyone has asked this before.
      Essentially with some software it would be easy to run both at once. For
      example two instances of HDSDR.
      Even split the antenna. Change the serial number of the AVR so you know
      which to select for each instance. Separate profiles for each HDSDR
      instance..
      The outputs could both go to the same card, if speakers are connected to
      on-board audio
      there is no need to use the D44’s outputs.,there
      Various links here give full explanation
      <https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/home>

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • they_call_me_longjohn
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2013

        Thanks for the reply Alan I appreciate it. The D44 is isn't my system soundcard but dedicated to SDR and recording (What I originally purchased it for over 10 years ago) and has it's own amp/speaker system and a 4 output headphone amp. Main soundcard is an Audigy II ZS which I keep around mainly for it's midi output to control a 'virtual' guitar amp and the 'Live Drive". I already have a really good SDR but it's crippled by having only one program, an old version of PowerSDR IQ that's not even supposed to work in Win 7 64 to control it automatically. There is also a bug in the filter switching software that makes it unusable 160M and below.

        I've got the hardware end pretty much covered but I haven't been keeping up on the software mainly because I couldn't (conveniently) use any of it. I'm familiar with a lot of it, I used WinRad when it was still called SDRadio but used it mainly to demodulate the 12khz output of an RX-320. This will also be my 7th SDR and 10 or 11th receiver with a QSD setup. I'm just looking for a full range 'plug and play' system that works with several pieces of software and will be supported for a few years down the road. I know these aren't blow your mind state of the art but they are still pretty danged good with a well thought out design

        Thanks for the link, that looks like a good jumping off point for catching up